Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Recommendations on fuel system for LS swap in 3rd Gen Nova

Around 2015 I put a 5.3 swap into my 1970 Nova. I (thought) I put together a good affordable solution to convert the car to EFI for the LS swap. My motor requires a return fuel line, so I ran Push-Loc hoses to the rear, added an inline pump/filter and added a bulk fitting for the return so I can use the factory tank.

Fast forward 6+ years I just recently got the car on the road and have put almost 500 break in miles on the project....and I have already started to find some issues I need to address with the fuel system.

Here are my biggest issues:
      1) Fuel gauge doesn't work. (So the fuel tank has to be dropped to fix)
      2) The push-loc hoses are dry rot and have a faint gas odor when you get near them
      3) I can only get about 8 gallons of gas in the tank before it spits back out of the filler neck
      4) After putting in those 8 gallons it usually leaks fuel from the cap when accelerating regardless of what I do (I'm on my 3rd cap)
      5) With such low fuel in the tank, I've already notice engine starvation issues with corners and inclines and I haven't pushed the car hard yet.

Given all these issues, I figured I would remove the lines at the fuel rail.....and replace everything all the way to the back!

My budget is set for what it takes to do this "right". I don't need anything crazy twin Walbro pumps with a -10 feed line.

So what would you recommend?
      Brian

1972 C10 - 454/TH400 - Short bed conversion - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...1972-C10-SoCal
      1970 Nova - LS Swap - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...Cal?highlight=

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com