Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Good deal?

Good deal UPDATE ADDED ANOTHER CAR

Hello,
      Been looking around for a nice, complete PT car (I have a WTB post on the forum) and found this at RK Motors. The best price I can get is $187,500 cash for this car.

136961 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RK Motors Classic Cars and Muscle Cars for Sale

Or, I can get into this 65 Mustang for $185,000:

https://www.legendarymotorcar.com/in...-mod-2285.aspx

Does these seem like good deals to you all? Any input would be great.

Thanks,
      Chris
      Last edited by chrismoe1; 05-13-2021 at 01:23 PM. Reason: added content

Country Flag: United States
      It's title as a 2018, that may or may not be an issue for you but it will make your resale pool smaller.

I didn't see build pics at the shops website and that seemed odd. Looks like a nice car with good parts.......it would be 250-300k to build it and probably a 2 year wait.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

I cannot speak of the price, but I know this car and the shop that built it. I have ridden in the car. Metal Brothers goes to great lengths to make sure everything is right, and that the quality is top notch. Their builds are as clean & well done as any I have seen. You will not be disappointed with this car.

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      It's title as a 2018, that may or may not be an issue for you but it will make your resale pool smaller.

I didn't see build pics at the shops website and that seemed odd. Looks like a nice car with good parts.......it would be 250-300k to build it and probably a 2 year wait.
      Hi Donny,

Thanks for the heads up on the title. You are correct. I called the dealership and this Camaro is titled as a 2018 car. So, for us here in CA. this car is a non-starter because it would never pass smog here in CA.

The search continues.......................

Chris

What about Insurance

In AZ you can get collector car insurance and registration for older cars is $25. a year,,,, a 2018 would cost you $500-600 for the first couple of years to register it, and insurance, don't know, but it wouldn't be inexpensive.
      Tough call on "good deal".

Quote Originally Posted by oleyeller View Post
      In AZ you can get collector car insurance and registration for older cars is $25. a year,,,, a 2018 would cost you $500-600 for the first couple of years to register it, and insurance, don't know, but it wouldn't be inexpensive.
      Tough call on "good deal".
      Hi Oleyeller,

Thanks for weighing in. We are good on insurance but because it has to pass Ca.'s emissions tests it cannot be registered. Not a chance of that motor passing CA. smog. Pre 72 cars are exempt from smog emissions testing. And I am with you "good deal". Great build by what I hear is a great shop but that is a lot of $$.

Chris

Hate to hijack this thread but what would the advantage be to title the car as a 2018 as opposed to a 1969? Agreed about the smog issues here in CA, as I immediately thought of that, but there has to be some advantage to it being a 2018?

Agree with others on the price, not a bad deal if the shop checks out, especially for someone who doesn't want to wait.

-Lee

Quote Originally Posted by SD67 View Post
      Hate to hijack this thread but what would the advantage be to title the car as a 2018 as opposed to a 1969? Agreed about the smog issues here in CA, as I immediately thought of that, but there has to be some advantage to it being a 2018?

Agree with others on the price, not a bad deal if the shop checks out, especially for someone who doesn't want to wait.

-Lee
      I am guessing it’s a Dynacorn body.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I'd make friends with divorce lawyers and scoop something up for $.50 on the dollar from a guy who doesn't want his ex to get it.

Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I am guessing it’s a Dynacorn body.

Don
      Hi Don,

Yup, a new Dynacorn body.

Chris

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com