Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Work boots...

Country Flag: United States

Work boots...

Been getting feedback on this from other communities, but I figured the good people here might have some thoughts as well...

I'm hunting for a new work boot to replace my HAIX Airpower R7, original Timberland Pro Titans, and some others. At this point, I'm only really working on projects in my garage in the evenings and weekends. I'm not trekking around oil fields 24/7. Still, I want a boot that's going to last with the ability to be re-soled/re-crafted. It should be a 6" boot with safety toe. I'm fine with steel, but I'd prefer composite or alloy. I was looking at all of the usual suspects like Timberland Pro, Carhartt, Wolverine, etc... but I'm going to change it up this time and get something US-made from a brand like Red Wing, Thorogood, Danner, Chippewa, etc…

The Red Wing SuperSole and SuperSole 2.0 have caught my attention. So has the Thorogood American Heritage 6″ Trail Crazyhorse, 1957 Series 6″ Crazyhorse, and 1957 Series 6" Briar Pitstop. There's also the Chippewa Modoc and Danner Bull Run Moc Toe.

I'd love to get your thoughts and feedback on some of this. What are you guys using in your shop? What do you think of some of these options? Do you have others to look at that fit my criteria?

Thanks.
      1973 Camaro: LS427/570, T56, Speedtech ExtReme subframe/torque arm

Although I don’t think it has the ability to be re-soled, I am a big fan of Keen work shoes. I am flight crew/mechanic in the aviation industry so I need a steel toe that is durable and comfortable with a steel toe. I prefer low cut shoes and really like the Keen Atlanta line. Been wearing them for about 7 years now.

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-ATL...SAAEgLHx_D_BwE
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Another fan of Keen, like the San Jose with aluminum toe, believe Keen are assembled in Oregon

I have been wearing Red Wing boots for the past 8 years, 6 days a week, mostly on concrete. I buy two pair at a time and alternate every other day with the other pair. Helps them to dry out and last longer. My latest pair https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/me...ork-safety-toe have a composite toe, which is nice as they don't get as cold when it's chilly outside. These do not have the ability to be resoled, but are much more comfortable than any shoe I have ever worn. My last set went 7 years, and finally came apart. Never heard of Keen, but might be another good avenue.

Picked up the original SuperSole boots and been wearing those for the last couple of days breaking them in. Seem like they're gonna work out fine.
      Name:  EAB408DE-E6E3-45B7-928C-A1A870A26977.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  910.3 KB
      1973 Camaro: LS427/570, T56, Speedtech ExtReme subframe/torque arm

I really like my Diehard boots. I get the oxford, they work well with my line of work. But they come in a 6” with steel toe. I buy them online when they’re on sale, last time I got 3 pairs for the price of 2

I used a Redwing Steel toed boot when I worked for Office Depot as a delivery driver .Because of the extremely heavy fire proof file cabinets and the like .And they have lasted a very long time.I also put a set of custom inner soles for comfort. Otherwise at times I just wore a cross training athletic shoe for comfort and grip.

Danner boots for me,AMERICAN MADE, NUFF SAID!

72 chevelle.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com