Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 19" wheels

Country Flag: Canada

19" wheels

Tried to order wheels today, 19x9.5 and 19x11. Offsets are +5 and +10. 69 Camaro mini tubbed I don't have my rear yet, going 9" after wheels are in place. Stock subframe. Is there any reason these won't work?

It will rub when you turn. You might be able to make it work with the Ride Tech True turn.
      Jason

Thanks for the reply Jason. I'm good with having to purchase different components if needed. Being that the rear has not been ordered a +5 offset shouldn't matter correct?

Country Flag: United States
      I wouldn't order wheels until you have the rear in place and can measure clearance. Front depends a lot on the total setup. You need to measure fitment to some some baseline. Will be hard to fit a 9.5" on a +5mm offset, and I think the minimum tire for that size would be a 255/30. And unless you run a LOT of static camber and fix the camber gain, you'll rub on the fender. Most fit a 245 with the correct offset, improved camber gain, and aggressive street alignment.

Suggest you do a lot of research on this forum and know your suspension setup, before you spend $$$ on wheels.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

See every other thread says get you wheels and tires first then measure for rear end

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Canadianwraith View Post
      See every other thread says get you wheels and tires first then measure for rear end
      Brainfart. Wasn't thinking custom-width specified narrowed rearend.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Ya no worries, still great advice. I really want to get my car down on wheels

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com