Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Help---LS& in 69 camaro

I have a 69 camaro that has the ridetech tru turn setup with a stock frame. I have a dry sump LS3 to install. I know that Speedtech has discontinued their dry sump oil pan. Any idea what will work as I want to keep the dry sump. Also, I have stainless work headers. Any idea if these will hit the tru turn?

Thanks,
      David

David Butler
      "If you're not first, you're last"
      67 Camaro Twin Turbo SBC (changing from Blow-thru to Holley HP EFI)

I just went through this with an LS7.
      Only way your going to drysump this is ARE type flat pan and removal of your existing dual stage pressure / scavenge pump. You can install the ls style single stage pressure pump only and just run external scavenge but everyway you do it is 3500-4500.00
      For this reason I swapped to a mast motorsports pan and a LS3 pressure only pump and went back wet sump
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

I did pan modifications and changed the location of the inlet and outlet ports. Also notched the pan. It should work now.

My combo is the Speedtech oil pan, dry sump LS3, ridetech Tru-turn and Hooker Blackheart headers. I can tell you that it is SUPER tight routing the lines to and from the Speedtech pan due to the Tru-turn. Clearance of the steering linkage is as tight as it gets. I made hard lines to give me the clearance I needed for the sump supply and return. Hope your modified pan gives you a bit more room.

Cheers, Steve
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com