Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

C5/6 Drag spindles and 15" wheels

I have a bit of a unique project I'm working on. C3 corvette body over a completely stripped down to the bare frame rails c5 chassis with the c5 suspension. I have wanted to run 15" steel wheels with slicks for road course/ road race setup. I know the LG drag spindles should allow me to do this with modified brakes but I am concerned about the change in suspension geometry from a road race standing. I would expect the relocation of the upper ball joint would effectively decrease the amount of camber gain under suspension compression. This would be good for the drag racers in the rear where they usually use these spindles, but not so great for me. I'm wondering if anyone has any real world knowledge about this or if anyone has successfully converted the corvette spindle brake setup to run real wide 15" wheels on all four corners?

This is what I'm going for. 15's and slicks is something I cant seem to get away from for a look, and there are some really inexpensive tires out there to run.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      I would call Speedtech. I know there was a Wilwood brake system that worked with the ATS spindle and 15” wheels.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com