Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Title Issue

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States

Title Issue

OK, I know you never buy a vehicle without a title. That said, I bought a vehicle w/o a title.

over 25 years ago I bought a BMW R75/6 motorbike from a co-worker. I paid him and took the scooter, we were always going to get around to the paperwork. Anyway, we lost contact, I've tried making connection through other co-workers but it looks like this guy fell off the edge of the earth.

An additional feature is that the VIN tag (aluminum) is riveted to the steering head (typical) but the plate has corroded so the VIN stamped characters are almost illegible.

Really kinda wanna get this deal going. I have been warned about the title washing places, but certainly people have pulled car hulls from the desert, rebuilt them, and titled them?

Any help or direction (including self flaggalation) would be considered helpful.

thanks
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Talk to you DMV and ask them about a bonded title. I did that with a 67 Nova. Not a big deal as long as you can get an insurance company to provide an insurance bond.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com