1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Looks awesome!

Andrew
      Thanks Andrew! It's a blast to drive!

Country Flag: United States
      Just went though you’re build .
      Maybe I missed it!
      What radiator and fans did you use? I’m looking for options for my 70 Elcamino project!
      Thank you.
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Quote Originally Posted by David Sloan View Post
      Just went though you’re build .
      Maybe I missed it!
      What radiator and fans did you use? I’m looking for options for my 70 Elcamino project!
      Thank you.
      David,
      I used an all star radiator and a flexalite dual fan setup

Awesome Job man!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Touring-Truck

DMP Fabrication LLC
      Follow me on Instagram for welding and truck progress! - Americangraffiti

Quote Originally Posted by lsx70 View Post
      David,
      I used an all star radiator and a flexalite dual fan setup

Thank you sir!
      love your car!
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

Quote Originally Posted by the dan View Post
      Awesome Job man!
      Quote Originally Posted by David Sloan View Post
      Thank you sir!
      love your car!
      Thanks guys!

David if you ever have any more questions during the elco build feel free to shoot me a message

Nice job. This looks great. these old cars are just for the old folks! lol.

Thanks guys!

David if you ever have any more questions during the elco build feel free to shoot me a message

I will do that !
      Thank you sir
      David Sloan

Quote Originally Posted by 69ChevelleLT1 View Post
      Nice job. This looks great. these old cars are just for the old folks! lol.
      ahah thanks! I'll try and leave a few for you guys ;)

Name:  IMG_0997.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  329.5 KB
      Well I ran into some problems with the steering wheel in the chevelle. 2 of the 3 spokes are no longer attached to the hoop and it is unsafe. The wheel is a factory reproduction from ausleys and I am quite dissapointed in the quality (it was only on the car for about 2 months). That being said I am looking for suggestions on a quality wheel that still looks like the factory SS wheel. the car is driven fairly hard (lots of street miles, some light autocross and some drag racing) so I want something that will hold up.

Way back when, I had a Cutlass that had a 4-spoke wheel like this. Very comfortable to drive as the spokes make comfortable thumb rests, plus the wheel itself is thick so there's something to grab. The skinny wheels of the time weren't very comfortable for hard driving and you almost never saw one that didn't have 2-3 steering wheel covers on them to thicken them up.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Way back when, I had a Cutlass that had a 4-spoke wheel like this. Very comfortable to drive as the spokes make comfortable thumb rests, plus the wheel itself is thick so there's something to grab. The skinny wheels of the time weren't very comfortable for hard driving and you almost never saw one that didn't have 2-3 steering wheel covers on them to thicken them up.
      Thats a good looking wheel Vimes! Unfortunately I'm pretty set on the 3 spoke design, I want to keep the interior as close to stock as possible. I did find this Lecarra wheel but I can't find anywhere that it is for sale Name:  Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.55.16 PM.png
Views: 412
Size:  2.21 MB
      It is the Lecarra supreme 3

Lecarra has several with that same spoke design, I've seen black and mahogany. They would almost look factory with the SS horn button.

Problem is, that 3 spoke isn't stock either. But, I can understand if you want to stick with a 3 spoke.

Stock 70 SS steering wheel:
      http://chevellestuff.net/1970/images..._no_clock2.jpg

And don't let that column shift fool you - a few 70 Super Sports came from the factory with the bench seat. There have been several Chevelles in my family, and one of them was a burgundy 1970 SS454 with a bench seat that my dad bought brand new off the delivery truck. We lost track of that one in 1979, after my parents divorced and the car was sold.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater

Quote Originally Posted by Jk918 View Post
      Lecarra has several with that same spoke design, I've seen black and mahogany. They would almost look factory with the SS horn button.
      The Lecarra I posted above is almost identical to the factory but I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere. I may end up getting another one of their styles.
      Problem is, that 3 spoke isn't stock either. But, I can understand if you want to stick with a 3 spoke.

Stock 70 SS steering wheel:
      http://chevellestuff.net/1970/images..._no_clock2.jpg

And don't let that column shift fool you - a few 70 Super Sports came from the factory with the bench seat. There have been several Chevelles in my family, and one of them was a burgundy 1970 SS454 with a bench seat that my dad bought brand new off the delivery truck. We lost track of that one in 1979, after my parents divorced and the car was sold.
      The 3 spoke was actually an option for some GM cars from 69-72 ( camaros and chevelles for sure). It isn't an SS only option but it is certainly associated with SS cars by many. They called the 3 spoke option a "comfort grip" wheel. I think they are much more attractive than the bar style and still a factory option!

The 3 spoke was actually an option for some GM cars from 69-72 ( camaros and chevelles for sure). It isn't an SS only option but it is certainly associated with SS cars by many. They called the 3 spoke option a "comfort grip" wheel. I think they are much more attractive than the bar style and still a factory option!
      I did not know that was a factory option on those cars.

Jegs has the Lecarra 43212 (your pic), but says "Estimated to ship direct from manufacturer on 05/18/22 , pending manufacturer availability."
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater

I did not know that was a factory option on those cars.

Jegs has the Lecarra 43212 (your pic), but says "Estimated to ship direct from manufacturer on 05/18/22 , pending manufacturer availability."
      So an update on the Lecarra wheels, they don't have any 3 spoke wheels in 15" currently in stock and are estimating at least 3-4 months before they will have any.

I'm going to keep looking for other options.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com