Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by lsx70 View Post
      If you donít mind me asking, why the change in tire height? Are you running inner fenders?
      To be honest, I am not sure that the 275/40s will fit. Yes, I am running stock inner fenders. I feel the 35 series tires are just a little too short for a big car. The 40 series will be about 27" tall in the rear and slightly shorter in the front.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 2.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      To be honest, I am not sure that the 275/40s will fit. Yes, I am running stock inner fenders. I feel the 35 series tires are just a little too short for a big car. The 40 series will be about 27" tall in the rear and slightly shorter in the front.

Andrew
      Thanks for the insight! Iím going to run a 285/40-18 in the rear and Iím planning on 275/35-18 in the front. I would agree that the 275/40ís will likely be too tall but itíll be interesting to see

Well itís time for some more updates.
      I got the car started last weekend and made some tweaks through the week so it will idle on its own. Iím going to get it up on the hoist this weekend and fix a couple leaks before I run it for too long.

in the meantime Iíve been trying to figure out my wheel choice. Iím stuck between two ideas of what I want the car to be. Hereís what Iím looking at:
      Name:  6E257AB3-C783-40AD-8A87-26A22D0611EA.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  305.8 KBName:  A59B6EAF-B473-4A81-A063-95CDAFFAA1F6.jpeg
Views: 252
Size:  223.2 KBName:  D4E62087-6847-4A9D-9299-CB4756458965.jpeg
Views: 247
Size:  513.4 KB
      if I go with the rocket attacks Iíd like to run the flat cap but Iím not sure itíll clear.

any thoughts?

The flat cap will fit in the rear. It might fit in the front, but that depends on what hubs you have.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 2.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

The flat cap will fit in the rear. It might fit in the front, but that depends on what hubs you have.

Andrew
      Andrew,
      I believe itís a factory gm style hub. Is there anything I can measure to check fitment?

Quote Originally Posted by lsx70 View Post
      Andrew,
      I believe itís a factory gm style hub. Is there anything I can measure to check fitment?
      You can measure from the wheel mounting surface to the top of the hub dust cap.
      1970 GTO Version 2.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

You can measure from the wheel mounting surface to the top of the hub dust cap.
      Awesome, any idea what the measurement needs to be for the flat cap to fit?

I'm going to suggest checking wheel weights, then go with the lightest, making sure that the wheel load rating is higher than what any one corner will carry when loaded to the car's max weight. Some of those wheels can top the scale at 50lbs without tires, and looking thin and spindly has nothing to do with it. Keep in mind that the heavier the wheel, the harder it is for the engine to spin it up to speed, the harder it is to maintain that speed, and the harder it is to slow that wheel back down. A heavier wheel is bad for acceleration, top speed, braking distance and fuel economy. Not to mention, it'll be harder on the suspension when you want to go through the twisties.

Those US mags will look great on your ride, nice build ��

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      I'm going to suggest checking wheel weights, then go with the lightest, making sure that the wheel load rating is higher than what any one corner will carry when loaded to the car's max weight. Some of those wheels can top the scale at 50lbs without tires, and looking thin and spindly has nothing to do with it. Keep in mind that the heavier the wheel, the harder it is for the engine to spin it up to speed, the harder it is to maintain that speed, and the harder it is to slow that wheel back down. A heavier wheel is bad for acceleration, top speed, braking distance and fuel economy. Not to mention, it'll be harder on the suspension when you want to go through the twisties.
      Itís hard to find data on those wheels, Iíd imagine the rocket attacks are the lightest but honestly Iím not super worried about a few pounds. This isnít a car Iím trying to get every tenth of a second out of. Itís mainly just a street car that may see the odd track time just for fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jk918 View Post
      Those US mags will look great on your ride, nice build ��
      Thank you! Iím in love with those us mags, but it doesnít seem like theyíre in the cards. Theyíre telling me it could be 3-6 months before they would be made and theyíre already a bit over my budget.

Well it seems rocket doesn’t have anything in an 18x10 in stock and no estimated date. The us mags are 10-24 weeks out. I’m looking for other options. I’m considering getting a cheap set of wheels for the summer and getting something I really like around Black Friday when there’s sales. I’m also looking at some weld rts s77’s to see if they have an estimated date or any stock. Does anyone know where I might get the best price on welds? Any sponsers a dealer for them?

I just went through you post from the beginning, Man this was very interesting! I love your project and how you dressed the motor as a big block. You've done a lot of great work. I'll be watching for your updates. Subscribed !
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      I just went through you post from the beginning, Man this was very interesting! I love your project and how you dressed the motor as a big block. You've done a lot of great work. I'll be watching for your updates. Subscribed !
      Thanks Motown! Iíve been keeping an eye on your camaro too. Very nice build. Iím interested to see how much clearance you have on the outside of the tire. Iím at a similar point of picking wheels and Iím trying to see what I can get away with.

Another update from the weekend,
      I started out getting the driveshaft in, it fit great. Itís a chromolly piece from bears performance, they do great work. Next up was fixing a pesky power steering leak, turns out I had a banjo bolt that wasnít quite tight so that turned out to be an easy fix. Then I got started mocking up the exhaust, itís coming nicely. Iíll have some pictures soon. I still have to sort out my o2 sensor issue (sensors arenít reading) I think itís a wiring problem but Iím going to investigate more tonight. Assuming I get that sorted out Iíd like to run the car for a bit tonight and get a nice log to look over and see how things are looking. I may even get an idle clip to post here. Iím still looking at wheels, Iíd like to get something for the summer which seems like it could be a problem. Iíve been looking at the weld s77 lately, does anyone know of a good weld dealer? What I may end up doing is getting a cheaper set of wheels for the summer and ordering something over the winter for next summer but Iíll see whatís around first

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3