Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Salinas, CA. 4.5 MI from the Corkscrew @ Laguna Seca

Holley Sniper EFI battery voltage drops

Hi all. I just had a Holley Sniper EFI system kit installed on my 68 Camaro with a 350 SBC crate motor. I can drive it @ 5 miles, then the battery volts drop from 14V to 12-13 volts. If I don't head home right away, the engine stalls out and I'm dead by the side of the road. After about a 20 minute wait, it fires back up, 14 volts again and I'm on my way home. The battery today shows 13.5 volts as it sits in the car. I hate electrical problems. Any ideas where to start? Thanks for your input.

A high voltage like 14V tells me the alternator is working but then if it drops to 12v, then the alternator is not working OR there might be a connection problem on the charging part of the electrical system.

You need to post what alternator you have and how it's wired.

Hopefully too, you don't have the 99 cent battery terminals that clamp onto bare wire ends.

Do you have a volt meter and know how to use it ?.

You should be able to do tests with a meter once we know more and then do this at home and not have to be caught out on the road should things not work properly.

Jim

I had the same problem, it would drop down to 12 volts with a 100 amp alternator, I replaced the alternator with another brand new one, same problem. I was also a problem with my electric fans, temperatures would vary and sometimes almost over heat, turns out it was a bad ground, check all grounds

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com