Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Hydroboost/G-Brace Interference 2nd Gen Firebird

Good evening all,

I am coming close to finishing up the engine bay on my 78 Trans Am, and am running into an issue which looks like the adjustable G-Braces are going to hit the proportioning valve/lines of the hydroboost. Has anyone else encountered this? If so, was moving the proportioning valve and re-plumbing it enough to get the braces clearance? I tried a quick search, but couldn't find any others in the same predicament. Thanks for looking!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210419_175247.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	187615
      Attached Images Attached Images    

I would ditch the hydro boost. Personally.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by c4racer2 View Post
      I would ditch the hydro boost. Personally.
      Thats not really helpful for the person asking the question now is it lol

Country Flag: Canada
      I definitely like the hydroboost, so would rather keep that than the G braces. I'm pretty sure relocating the proportioning valve will work, otherwise I'm sure I could get someone to modify the G braces to curve up over the proportioning valve.

I have those braces and a fully manual brake set-up. There isn't a lot of room. You might have to decide if you like your brake set up or the braces more and go from there! Is kind of where I was going with my comment above.

And yes - by all means I would try to bend up some tubes to make it work if you can. I found it easier to have the braces off to get the tubes all bent up - but just do something to reference the location of the tubing so you know what the keep-out space is.

- - - Updated - - -

I have those braces and a fully manual brake set-up. There isn't a lot of room. You might have to decide if you like your brake set up or the braces more and go from there! Is kind of where I was going with my comment above.

And yes - by all means I would try to bend up some tubes to make it work if you can. I found it easier to have the braces off to get the tubes all bent up - but just do something to reference the location of the tubing so you know what the keep-out space is.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Short MC's now available

Both Baer and Wilwood now have super short master cylinder designs now available, with brake line connections available on either side, coming in at about 6 3/4" installed length. They aren't cheap, but are a helluva lot shorter than the 8 1/4" length MC you currently have installed. This will likely give you the room you need to install your G brace.

There IS a difference - Thank you for choosing Hydratech!

Paul M. Clark
      Founder / Master Engineer

Hydratech Braking Systems ®
      www.hydratechbraking.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com