Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

70 Chevelle wheel options

hey guys,
      I'm building a pro touring 70 Chevelle on a college budget. LS, 4l80E, full UMI suspension with Aldan american coilovers. I'm at the point now of choosing some wheels. I have about a 4-5000$ CAD budget. I'm wondering whats out there in that range? I'm open to buying new or used, even rehooping some used wheels. Is there somewhere to look for used? I've searched through the classifieds but they don't seem to be very active.
      Any advice will be very appreciated!
      thanks,
      Tyler

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by lsx70 View Post
      hey guys,
      I'm building a pro touring 70 Chevelle on a college budget. LS, 4l80E, full UMI suspension with Aldan american coilovers. I'm at the point now of choosing some wheels. I have about a 4-5000$ CAD budget. I'm wondering whats out there in that range? I'm open to buying new or used, even rehooping some used wheels. Is there somewhere to look for used? I've searched through the classifieds but they don't seem to be very active.
      Any advice will be very appreciated!
      thanks,
      Tyler

Check out the Rocket Racing Wheels

https://www.rocketracingwheels.com/r...per-shot/p1920

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Check out the Rocket Racing Wheels

https://www.rocketracingwheels.com/r...per-shot/p1920

Andrew
      Thanks Andrew!

I’ve had them on my list of options for some time. They’re definitely a good looking wheel. I’m sort of hoping to find something used, that way I may be able to get a fully forged wheel in my budget!

Bump

70 Chevelle wheel options

Hard to find what you want used. For a common car like a late model corvette maybe. 70 chevelle ? Not as likely. Good luck.

I second the rocket suggestion. I am running them on my 71 Camaro and I’ve been very happy with them. Slightly heavier than a forged wheel but weight is reasonable in 18” sizes and they are strong.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Have you managed to figure out which wheel to install on your Chevelle?

There are plenty of aftermarket wheels that can add style to your classic car. You may wish to explore brands such as HD wheels. This manufacturer features colorful rims with unique designs.

If you want to use that money elsewhere there's also factory wheels that work decent. Craigslist/kiji could get you a decent deal. These are 2002 Camaro SS wheels, 17x9.

*Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

I'll second Hotwire's suggestion if you want something more temporary until you can afford what you really want. You can get replica Corvette wheels cheap in a wide variety of sizes and combine them with good quality hub-centric adapters.

1970 Chevelle: 6.0 L96, T56, Strange 9 Inch, Ridetech Coilovers, Wilwood brakes

1978 Firebird: 6.0 LQ4, T56

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
      If you want to use that money elsewhere there's also factory wheels that work decent. Craigslist/kiji could get you a decent deal. These are 2002 Camaro SS wheels, 17x9.

Quote Originally Posted by David LaBuda View Post
      I'll second Hotwire's suggestion if you want something more temporary until you can afford what you really want. You can get replica Corvette wheels cheap in a wide variety of sizes and combine them with good quality hub-centric adapters.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! You both have some nice looking cars!! David I have actually been following your Chevelle for some time lol. I’m more looking for something permanent. I have a couple other projects in the wings (mainly a 56 bel air) so saving for another set of wheels and trying to fund that project will prove to be difficult.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jaden Young View Post
      Have you managed to figure out which wheel to install on your Chevelle?
      Nothing yet but I’m still looking!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com