Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

will a truck intake clear hood

I can not find this anywhere. I have a 66 Lemans and a GTO hood. I do not have a lot of money, and I have figured in most of the normal costs of doing the swap. But no where including other LS forums if the stock truck intake will fit under the hood. A used intake and injectors will bust the bank for me. I have a 2003 Suburban given to me. I plan on using the wiring harness and computer and transmission controller. Little things like different yoke and maybe drive shaft , and p/s steering hoses and trans cooler lines are figured in.

I have seen it on a '65 Lemans. The alternator had to be relocated, but the intake itself cleared. The frame mounts were handmade, so the engine placement was however it best worked for that combination. I don't know which oil pan or headers were used.

Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

In addition to 68Formula's comment, if you have clearance issue with the alternator and the hood, make sure you test fit with the small case LS alternator before getting a new bracket/pulley system.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com