Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Fender Packing

Country Flag: United States

Fender Packing

This in on my 1958 Chevy Delray.

When I replaced the rear inner and outer quarter panels there was a factory packing in between the fenders. Looks like horsehair from an old seat. It had glue and was painted over with the factory paint.

I assume that is was in there for rattling and sound deadening or support. the panel does flex a bit in that area now that i have removed this stuff. The car is all sealed (POR 15) up so I am not worried about it holding moisture and rusting out.

So my question is what can I spray in there to provide the same effect? I had though of using some kind of spray foam.
      Any Ideas?

I would apply sheet sound deadener. Anything like a spray foam will just provide pockets to hold moisture.
      Tracey

Country Flag: Canada
      Tracey nailed it ,as for a spray sound deadener vs a self adhesive style ...? i dunno pick your favorite Lizard skin vs Dynamat. Probably the same as a ford vs chevy thing . Everyone will have an opinion as to why they like what they like but at the end of the day they all serve a purpose . My 1.94 cent opinion... spray bedliner on the bottom of the car and in the wheel wells then self adhesive style sheet sound deadener on the inside of the car .
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com