Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Wheels on cutlass

Hey guys and gals.. show me ur wheels on ur 71-72 cutlass s.... I’m looking to put 18’s on and trying to get some ideas on looks and measurements. I have c5 brakes all around

C5 brakes as well, 18x9 front and rear. 255/45 and 285/40 in this photo.

Not a 71-72 obviously, hope this helps.

Name:  cutlass.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  90.7 KB

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Still a 285/40 in the back, but it has 255/40 in the front in these photos.

Name:  Cutlass 3.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  237.5 KB

Name:  Cutlass 2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  164.9 KB

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Not a '71 either, but I'm running 285/295 front back. Wheels are C6-Z06, 18x9.5 all around with a hubcentric wheel adapter at 1.375'' thick.
      In the pics I was running 2'' drop spindle, 1'' drop Hotchkis spring, tall upper and lower BJ and SPC 3/4 spacer(to cancel out the drop form the lower BJ that was too much). My new setup sitting on the hood at the moment is stock spindle, 1'' drop hotchikis spring, SPC lowers with 1/2'' spacers under the spring.

Brakes are Kore3 hubs with 14'' Z06 rotors and Aero 6 calipers.

I like my setup for now, but I love the look that Mr. Nick is running above and would probly head back towards a dished lip front/back when I get enough money to spend on legit rims.

I'm pretty sure after '69, the fenders actaully flare out, instead of ours where they heavily curve back in, so you should be able to go a bit bigger...

Name:  blackhawk1.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  90.8 KBName:  blackhawk2.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  118.2 KBName:  IMG_20180318_143454.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  315.1 KB

1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

Jetmech - are your wheel openings trimmed at all? Running plastic inner fenders up front? I'm surprised you're able to clear those tires, be that low, and chuck it into a corner. I dig it!

Where in the Chi-burbs are you from, and where were you racing at?

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Hey Nick,
      Yeah I should have added that the rear lips are fully rolled, and in corners they would still rub hard on the inside and outside due to axle movement-then I added the Watts link and haven't had it touch since. `

The front lips are not rolled and I still run the red plastic inner fenders, the tires will kiss them on hard bumps, but not corners. I'd like to address it, but it's low on the priority list you know? Also, at full lock I can get the tires to rub the frame, but that's only ever at parking lot speeds(again not ideal, but it doesn't cause me much worry).

Im in the Schaumburg/Naperville area. Those pics are from Blackhawk Farms Raceway just below the Wisconsin border. If I could dig myself out of all these other projects, I could get the new brakes on the car and get to Autobahn Country club, and Gingerman. Road America is close as well, but I need a lot more confidence and seat time in the car before I try that one.

I gotta say man, the more I look at your car the more I feel comfortable with reducing my rear tire height. you've nailed that perfect balance of "clean sheet metal" and perfect wheel/stance.

Also to the OP, @71OLDS posted (link below) showing the wheel combo he setup on his that you may find real useful.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...95-45-18/page2

1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

Thanks for the info. I've autocrossed mine once and would like to do it again and maybe get into some smaller road courses. It's built more like a Power Tour type of cruiser, but I also enjoy beating on it. I'll have to check those tracks schedules for "rookie weekend" or some type of instructional classroom and ride along type thing.

The stance took some trial and error, thanks for the compliments. I'm not a fan of the coilover systems on the rear of these, so I tried a few different sets of rear springs till I found the ride quality and stance I like. I do have UMI coilovers up front, along with SPC arms and tall BJ's from SC&C.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

I am running 18x8 all around for now. I plan to stay 18s but probably staggered to fill the large rear wells better.

Name:  89FC2DE0-B5DA-4229-88AC-C201188DA722.jpeg
Views: 219
Size:  752.9 KBName:  1E03A9D2-9760-430C-853E-4F067C9BA30B.jpeg
Views: 236
Size:  459.8 KB

1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass S

http://fivelugs.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com