Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: autocross seats

autocross seats

I have a 69 vette any ideas on a semi comfortable autocross seats that will fit in my 69 vette thanks .Name:  new 69 drive way.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  165.4 KBName:  69 vette driver side close up in driveway.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  32.0 KB

I can only speak to the ones I put in my 68 Camaro, Corbeau LG1 wide. If you're nota fatass like me, the std width would probably be better.

thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Recaro sportster if you need recline otherwise something fixed back. Not much fits in those cars and even the sportster is really tight.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

I put the Recaro Speed in my 69 C3. It's a tight fit, but I was able to use after market sliders after I built some slim line mounts. The seats had to be mounted on the wrong side with the adjuster knob in toward the center instead of to the door. I'm 6'1" and 215lbs. They are snug but comfortable and supportive. My helmet does touch the roof, but I don't think it was any different with the stock seats.
      If you'd like any more pic's or measurements, just PM me your number or email and I'll send them.

A lot of C3 guys use Fiero seats and get new covers from Mr Mikes. That's not a bad way to go either. The fiero seat are also much better than the stock seats and look pretty good in the early corvettes.

side note...It looks like we both had the same ideas in building our toys. Looks good.

Name:  IMG_20210805_214311473.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  311.8 KB
      Jim..Car Junkie
      1969 Vette--Big pistons, No turbo....yet
      RX7 Turbo II--No pistons. Big turbo--now in my Daughter's garage
      68 RS Z/28, '12 Boss 302, 86 911, several RX7's, 3rd gen f-bodies, fox body, and many more..(gone)

The recaros look sweet,but they are a little tight for me.

Thanks I just ordered the corbeau a4 seats and now looking for a roll bar any suggestions I am also having a 434 small block built and should have in a couple weeks and ended up going from 18 by 10'' went to 18 by 11'' wheels and had them powder coated bronze chrome and will run the falcon rt 660 315/30/18 squared.

Nice you were able to keep the Husky! I had to sell my KTM to make room for the Chevy. 15 lbs. since and climbing...

Quote Originally Posted by c3rocket View Post
      Thanks I just ordered the corbeau a4 seats and now looking for a roll bar any suggestions I am also having a 434 small block built and should have in a couple weeks and ended up going from 18 by 10'' went to 18 by 11'' wheels and had them powder coated bronze chrome and will run the falcon rt 660 315/30/18 squared.
      Congrats! I put A4's in my '72 autocross build. I liked that they came with a fifth slot for an antisubmarine belt. They were a little tall--you couldn't rotate them forward without lifting the T-top--but I shaved an inch out of the foam in the bottom and cut and rewelded the brackets to get an additional inch of clearance.

Country Flag: United States
      Did you make any progress on your seat collection? The A4 seem to be very popular across many platforms.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com