Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Raingear or DSE, Which hidden wiper system?

I need a wiper system and like the idea of hidden motor systems. Opinions on what brand? Pros? Cons? Edited to add: 68 Camaro

For what car would help.
      Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaints1115 View Post
      For what car would help.
      68 Camaro

Country Flag: United States
      In for the replies...I want a completely clean firewall, so I'm leaning towards the Raingear setup. The DSE piece is very nice I'm sure, I just want a smooth firewall.

I just installed a Raingear set up in my 67 Camaro- very straight forward and easy with solid instructions. Didn't take much time at at besides cutting out the old sheet metal and installing a new patch ( i cut the whole area out and fabbed my out patch out of 18g sheet metal to be completely smooth rather than the patch provided in the kit).

High quality parts/kit.

Here's a good youtube video to help as well.

Thanks,
      John

Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      I need a wiper system and like the idea of hidden motor systems. Opinions on what brand? Pros? Cons? Edited to add: 68 Camaro
      I haven't got my car on the road yet but the rain gear is a very well engineered kit. Install was like 2 hours and pretty easy.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ

Guess I should have updated this. I went with the RainGear and couldn't be happier. Great set up, easy install and works. Love it

Thanks for the updates!

Could you guys share where you ran the wiring through to get inside the car?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Thanks for the updates!

Could you guys share where you ran the wiring through to get inside the car?

Thanks!
      I followed the rain gear instructions to the t. It describes drilling the hole between 4 a d 6 inches from the center of the driver wiper drive mount hole. I went with 5". You get a rubber grommet with it and just run them through it. I drilled it as high in the cowl as a drill and bit allowed for water shedding reasons.
      I've wound up drilling quite a few holes in the cowl panel between rain bear, vintage ac, and my ecm mounts etc. I used a rubber washer and at stainless washers alonng with 1/4"X20 allen head stainless for all bolts. My cowl pan will be sealed in the original one vented cowl panel holes so water won't be an issue anyway.
      Jason i
      tankmasterj
      TANKMASTERJ