Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Armenia

How to mount electrical connector

I have this main connector for my holley sniper and I'd like to hide it up and away. Maybe either on the firewall or under the bracket for the strut tower brace. I'd rather not use velcro or zip ties. Any ideas on something that would look clean and professional?

Name:  IMG_2837.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  298.6 KBName:  IMG_2838.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  259.3 KBName:  IMG_2839.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  375.3 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Barring any other suggestions, I'll suggest a spring clamp similar to this.

I would cut one of the arms off, spray it with a good rubber coating then screw it to the firewall so that it applied a moderate amount of tension against the underside of the plug pushing it under that ledge shown in the last picture. This would hold the plug underneath that ledge like on the bottom picture and be easy to remove the plug when needed. The rubber spray would provide some grip and a tiny bit of vibration isolation. Rather than use the one in the example picture, one could be made to better fit the plug size than the example shown. And, this would not be seen at all when the plug was inserted into it.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Country Flag: United States
      VHB tape

Two small strips of the 3M plastic hook and loop would work nicely. It won't go anywhere but is easily removed if needed. These are the strips that typically hold iPASS transponders to the windshield....at least here in Illinois.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com