Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Anyone use Distinctive Industries Touring II seats?

Looking at the Deluxe Houndstooth Touring II and looking for feedback or reviews. Thanks
      http://www.distinctiveindustries.com...ales-Sheet.pdf

Country Flag: United States
      I used them in my 68. Was kind of nice having a bolt in ready seat available in the original colors for the price. Some people like them, others don’t. How tall areyou? Reason I ask is I am 6’1 and had to lower the mounts all of the way down and still had head clearance problems when trying to wear a helmet for track days. Not a factor for normal street driving though. They use a Procar Rally seat as its foundation.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      I used them in my 68. Was kind of nice having a bolt in ready seat available in the original colors for the price. Some people like them, others don’t. How tall areyou? Reason I ask is I am 6’1 and had to lower the mounts all of the way down and still had head clearance problems when trying to wear a helmet for track days. Not a factor for normal street driving though. They use a Procar Rally seat as its foundation.
      I'm 6' maybe 5' 11 3/4"

Don’t get me wrong, they are a nice piece, but if you are thinking about some track days it might be a consideration. The issue is the seat bracket that mounts to the floor. The TMI ones are just as bad, they use the exact same floor mount bracket. I found a set of used Recaros locally and will be going that route eventually.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Before anyone buys these (Procar Ralley seats in disguise) they should sit in them for an hour or so. The seat bottom is NARROW between the bolsters. I’ve got a 32” waste and they kill me after 20 min.
      The bolsters are also so tall that the seat barely tilts forward before the seat bottom bolster hits the seat back bolster. I have to tilt AND slide the seat all the way forward to even have a chance of squeezing past to get into the back seat.
      I also had to cut, lower and re-weld the mounting brackets to lower them enough for my head to clear in my 66 Chevelle and I’m 6’.
      I’m going to have to take them to a local upholstery shop to see if they can cut the foam back and redo the seat bottoms.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

Quote Originally Posted by 67-LS1 View Post
      Before anyone buys these (Procar Ralley seats in disguise) they should sit in them for an hour or so. The seat bottom is NARROW between the bolsters. I’ve got a 32” waste and they kill me after 20 min.
      The bolsters are also so tall that the seat barely tilts forward before the seat bottom bolster hits the seat back bolster. I have to tilt AND slide the seat all the way forward to even have a chance of squeezing past to get into the back seat.
      I also had to cut, lower and re-weld the mounting brackets to lower them enough for my head to clear in my 66 Chevelle and I’m 6’.
      I’m going to have to take them to a local upholstery shop to see if they can cut the foam back and redo the seat bottoms.
      I'd hate to think what my 40" waist would feel like in them , Thanks for the real life info

Procar does offer an "XL" version. Don't know if Distinctive offers those as well. I would assume at least on a custom basis they could do it.

Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com