Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Control Arm Hardware

Does anyone happen to have their bolts handy for the upper and lower control arms? Unboxed mine yesterday, no bolts. I threw mine out when I disassembled my 69 Camaro a couple of years ago.
      I'm pretty sure there are (4) 1/2" bolts and (4) 7/16 bolts but I'm not sure on length. I have the stock subframe and tubular arms.
      Thank you

Country Flag: United States
      They are pressed in bolts with locking "splines" to keep bolt from turning when tightening them. Size and length I do not remember. Stick a bolt thru the hole will give you the size. Length is probably 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 length. Gotta have room for shims.

The lowers are 1/2' X 13 with an under head length of 3-1/2". Stock bolts have the shoulder under the head but my ridetech lowers came with standard grade 8 bolts of the same dimensions and they fit fine.

Name:  LCA Bolts.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  85.9 KB

I bought a set of BMR grade 8 bolts to go with my Hotchkis arms. I did not use the upper BMR bolts because they don't have the splines. The alignment guy will prefer the splined bolts. You can get new splined bolts, no problem, AMK, etc.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com