Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Installing Recaro Expert M with Planted seat brackets

Has anyone installed this combo and can explain how to install them ? The front and rear mounting tabs
      are under the bracket and there is very little room to get the bolt started and wrenched into place. Planted sent no
      layout on how to make this work, they have a written explanation on there website but it's very generic.

Thanks ... JT

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by JAKES1969 View Post
      Has anyone installed this combo and can explain how to install them ? The front and rear mounting tabs
      are under the bracket and there is very little room to get the bolt started and wrenched into place. Planted sent no
      layout on how to make this work, they have a written explanation on there website but it's very generic.

Thanks ... JT
      It’s a tight fit. With the seats bolted to the brackets, put them in the car and line them up. Lift the front or back slightly and drop your bolts in. While holding the seat up slightly, start each bolt but don’t tighten them very far until you get all four started. May have to use the open end of the wrench but tighten each bolt. They’re meant to keep the seat low in the car so it’s a bit of a process.
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Thanks Shane, Compared to the TMI seats I have in it now it looks really tight and difficult.

Country Flag: United States
      I have the same brackets on my Recaro Sportsters.

After attaching the sliders and brackets to the seats, I put them in place (after test fitting the bracket to the floor to make sure I have the proper orientation). I started the fronts a little, then slide the seat all the way forward and started the rears. When about halfway, I slide the seat all the way back and did the front nearly all the way then torqued the rears and finished the fronts.

If you have the Recaro sliders, it makes moving the seat for access to the bolts pretty easy actually. I just barely had to lift the bracket to get the bolts in and fit a ratcheting wrench head onto them. The Planted brackets fit my floor much better than the previous brand of bracket I had been using. I'm very happy with mine.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Thanks a lot i'm going to take a deep breath and try again....

I have a set on order for cobra lemans seats. Do you think you could provide some pics of the install

Justin hi,

I didn't take any pictures of the install but what I can share is. I had to grind down
      the sides on the planted brackets to fit between the sill and tunnel. Even if I removed the sound deadener and carpet it was to tight
      to line the holes up. My recommendation is find a friend with small hands and a good attitude to help you with this and give them $20

Thanks for the info. All in all are you happy with how low the brackets sit ? Other than being a pain in the rear to install.

Justin hi, The brackets will put the seats low, however your seat choice will effect the bottomline on that. I used ProCar seats and brackets and they were the spot on as far as the seat height and how far they went back. I'm using the extender brackets with the Recaro's and they don't go back as far as the ProCar. This was not the easiest process to get everything figured out.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com