Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Tires choice

Tires choice

I have a 750hp turbo charged manual vehicle so getting a rear tire that hooks was quite a chore without getting a drag radial but I got a set.

Problem is, the fronts are the same as the rear and they pick up everything on the road. Everywhere I go it sounds like a hail storm is happening in the wheel wells. Any recommendations on a tire that won’t pick up rocks like that?

I saw Michelin pilot all seasons were standard on new corvettes, and I see people use the Regular pilots on a lot of pro touring cars. I’m trying to just put something on the front that will let me still turn in decent but won’t completely rip the paint and powder coat off the under side of my car.

Charge pipes, heat exchanger, everything is getting beat to hell.

Size is 275/40/18

Thanks in advance.

-CJName:  IMG_8721.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  538.5 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Tricky situation you have there. Definitely going to have to compromise with grip if you don't want the tires grabbing/throwing debris.

I'm not a full-blown tire expert, but I would try the BFG Sport Comp 2 Summer (nothing too special) tire from the sound of your goal...
      https://beta.discounttire.com/buy-ti...comp-2/p/37071

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonar89 View Post
      Tricky situation you have there. Definitely going to have to compromise with grip if you don't want the tires grabbing/throwing debris.

I'm not a full-blown tire expert, but I would try the BFG Sport Comp 2 Summer (nothing too special) tire from the sound of your goal...
      https://beta.discounttire.com/buy-ti...comp-2/p/37071
      Thank you!

Two words...... Mud flaps

Have set of custom shields made .As well a air filtration system made for the turbos .Since turbos are so expensive .Maybe a race car shop can help you there Or if your can do it on your own.

Country Flag: United States
      I think any good (sticky) summer only tire will pick up debris, including the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. I have the Continental competitor to that tire and they definitely pick stuff up. You'll probably have to go with all-seasons to get away from that. My "ultra high performance all season" Generals on another car don't have that issue.
      - Ryan

Name:  IMG_8904.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  438.5 KBName:  IMG_8905.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  539.8 KB

I picked up some pilot all season 4’s. Hopefully this helps. Thanks guys.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com