Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

DSE stainless 'EFI' gas tank for 69 Camaro - New

I have to sell my tank that I purchased many years ago but I never installed. I recently realized I need a bigger fuel pump than this Walbro 255lph unit and now I realize that I need a full-on fuel system update.

This tank is brand new, never installed, and comes with the fuel gauge sending unit, filler neck, and stainless steel mounting straps and of course the pump.
      As everyone probably knows, the tank has multiple internal baffles.

This link to DSE is purely for reading reference - as noted, mine is technically 5+ years old but the design is essentially the same. (I did call DSE and ask about this. Was told no significant differences.)
      https://www.detroitspeed.com/stainl...969-camaro-firebird-fuel-injection-ls1-080106

Located near Dayton Ohio.
      A new setup is $1,456 from DSE. (The link above may default to a carb setup, you may have to use the menu to select 69 and FI to see the right price there)

Asking $1100

Name:  DSE fuel tank 20210126_114459.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  468.8 KB
      The Original BA. login is fixed now!

I don't know whats up with this damn site.
      Can't get help on my original Login, and now this new login isn't showing that I have sent 2 replies to inquiries on the tank. It's driving me nuts.

@eversmann79 - I replied to your PM the day you sent it. I'm not sure if you got it since my "Sent Messages" says F'n I have no sent messages.
      I could have put in a simple Aeromotive pump but I still would have to have worried about getting a regulator and I might have wanted a pump-controller as well. The drop-in assemblies of all that require a bigger hole than this tank and I didn't want to cut it. (also a time factor)

@Deathracer06 - I sent you a reply also but like above....My Sent Messages is freakin empty.

Its about $160 to ship to 93446 in California via either FedEx or UPS. It looks like DSE charges $100 and obviously would get a better rate than me.

If you're not getting my replies, please send me your regular email or phone number via PM. Thx!

Allan

Here's a write up I did for a guy from Camaros.net about a month ago. For Paso Robles, CA 93446

-----------------------------

I did solid measurements and weight on the tank. It is heavy. 50lbs without any boxing/packing. I was using 55lbs on these shipping sites. Dimensions are 34.5 x 20 x 9 but I added 1.5" all around for like the big bubble-wrap and cardboard. Most prices are around that $160 mark. Funny thing is that the commercial guys were MORE because I'm not one of their usual business customers. wtf. (DHL was offering a 28% promo code but it would not have made their $400 price any less ridiculous)
      I clicked out a fake order at Detroit Speed on a tank and they charge $100 for shipping. Sure they get a way better rate so maybe $160ish is really the best we could do. I'm a little concerned about shipping so far and ensuring it doesn't get knocked around or worse yet, dented. I could possibly spring for insurance.
      FWIW - I picked it up in-person at a DSE booth at GoodGuys Ohio long ago so I never had a box for it.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com