Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Fuel pressure sensor & E85 sensor locations

Any design specific location for these? Is it more pick a spot and go?

As close to the engine as possible to minimize any lag time from the reading to what the actually engine receives.

Country Flag: United States
      I like that answer, makes sense. I've seen others mount the flex-fuel sensor in the trunk, I don't like the idea of fuel lines coming inside the vehicle.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Pressure sensor (low pressure) should be towards the rear of the vehicle near the tank. Flex sensor towards the front. Personally I don’t think it matters where the flex sensor goes though. After a few miles (depending on flow amount in tune) it’s all the same mixed fuel after a fill up.

The pressure sensor mounted near the tank is an easy way out for the manufacturers.... it is not the best way to provide accurate fuel pressure at the engine. It cannot compensate for line pressure drop if it mounted at the rear of the car.

Also during the time it takes from a flex fuel reading at the tank, you can be running the engine at a 30% fueling error for that time period... not a good thing.
      Your fuel trims can adjust & learn temporarily & reset back, but why if you can do it correctly?

When I get my Rick's tank, I plan on having Carl's PWM FP sensor at my tank, then a Holley EFI sensor at my rail. That way his controller can keep a consistent pressure not dealing with pulsing issues and I know the real psi at the rail for tuning and adjusting the PWM controller. I'm also looking at adding a Radium fuel pulse damper at my rail too so I don't have crazy fluctuations in my data log on my Holley. I figured all of that was a good way to go.

Thanks to this thread, I'll be putting my flex-fuel sensor up front.
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Quote Originally Posted by anguilla1980 View Post
      When I get my Rick's tank, I plan on having Carl's PWM FP sensor at my tank, then a Holley EFI sensor at my rail. That way his controller can keep a consistent pressure not dealing with pulsing issues and I know the real psi at the rail for tuning and adjusting the PWM controller. I'm also looking at adding a Radium fuel pulse damper at my rail too so I don't have crazy fluctuations in my data log on my Holley. I figured all of that was a good way to go.

Thanks to this thread, I'll be putting my flex-fuel sensor up front.
      Stock LS fuel rails have a damper in the rails. Aftermarket rails tend to be much bigger, which provides the needed damping effect. In my Holley catalogs I rarely see any sort of fuel pressure fluctuation bigger than a tenth or two.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Good to know! Thanks
      1969 Pontiac Firebird

Compiling inputs from here & manufacturers, as stated, its all over the place. I plan on putting the E85 by the tank & the Low pres sensor by the engine. That way it can adjust for any lossed getting to the engine.
      Unless it an E85 oops (putting E85 in an E10 fill up/ tune or vise versa), The E% error can't be that much fluctuation I am thinking.

Back by the tank...

We put the fuel pressure sensor back by the tank on my Firebird.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com