Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Corbeau LG seats, anyone?

I searched and saw a couple old posts of some who have used the Corbeau LG1 seats in a 1st Gen Camaro. Anyone have any reviews on these? Pics?

https://corbeau.com/lg1/

Country Flag: United States
      I'm in the process of figuring out my seat right now as well and would love to hear people's experience. I love the look of the LG1 and it's 5-point compatible. The only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is the lack of thigh bolsters.
      1973 Camaro: LS427/570, T56, Speedtech ExtReme subframe/torque arm

I was talking with Kim at MCBPARTS.com and she told me the LG1's were out of stock until June, maybe more. I'm now looking at the Distinctive Industries http://www.distinctiveindustries.com...etail?Itemid=2
      and doing a complete houndstooth interior upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      I was talking with Kim at MCBPARTS.com and she told me the LG1's were out of stock until June, maybe more. I'm now looking at the Distinctive Industries http://www.distinctiveindustries.com...etail?Itemid=2
      and doing a complete houndstooth interior upgrade.
      If you like those DI seats, check out the Procar Rally type seats. MCB is a distributer of Procar, they're the same style as the DI seats, and when I sat on some, I thought they were very nice for the price. I was considering them myself when I was looking at that style of seat.

Seems like everyone is out of stock everywhere on seats. I ultimately decided on the Recaro Speed in Black Vinyl/Saturn Black (very similar to the Corbeau LG1 you were originally checking out) and made the purchase today. 8-12 weeks to get them over from Germany, so now the long wait begins.
      1973 Camaro: LS427/570, T56, Speedtech ExtReme subframe/torque arm

Before anyone buys Procar Ralley seats they should sit in them for an hour or so. The seat bottom is NARROW between the bolsters. I’ve got a 32” waste and they kill me after 20 min.
      The bolsters are also so tall that the seat barely tilts forward before the seat bottom bolster hits the seat back bolster. I have to tilt AND slide the seat all the way forward to even have a chance of squeezing past to get into the back seat.
      I’m going to have to take them to a local upholstery shop to see if they can cut the foam back and redo the seat bottoms.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

I have LG1 Wides in my 67 Camaro that I had Corbeau install seat heaters and cover with leather..not certain why they don't offer that as a standard configuration (or at least they didn't back a few years ago when I got these). They fit pretty good, the issue is that I also have Morris seatbelts and between the extra-wides and the inertia reel covers (and the console), you've got roughly 11 pounds of stuff in a bag made to hold 10 pounds, if you get my drift. As I recall we drilled new holes in the seat frame just to skew the seats a tad to make things fit better. I'm just a home garage hack, so it is possible that there was a better way, and if you aren't going with the Wides, you should be golden. I'm a pretty fat guy and I find the seats to be very comfortable. Not sure what else I can answer for you?

Steve

I installed my LG1's over the weekend. Had to cut the plastic cover off the existing seat belts and since they are the wide version, they are tight to the center console but, I love them so far.

20210705_172141 by F G, on Flickr

Looking good!
      Steve

I agree on the Procar seats. I had them in my 67 and they were the most uncomfortable seat's I have ever owned. Those side bolsters were brutally narrow. They sat high too, decreasing headroom. (I'm 6'1" and 230#).
      Gary C.

what console is that? I am 6'5 240, how do those seats feel width wise and headroom wise?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 slow 97 View Post
      what console is that? I am 6'5 240, how do those seats feel width wise and headroom wise?
      That's a factory 68 consol. I'm 6' 260 and the seats feel great

Agreed on the height. I cut the mounts down to the bare minimum and it helped.
      I could not recommend Pro Car seats.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

The wides are definitely tight fit. They feel great to sit in I am 6'3 and 240, haven't driven yet. With a 1 piece fiberglass headliner barely enough headroom, about 1.5 inch. Ordered straight from corbeau, great to work with.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      69 Camaro LS1 T-56, Corn is for making bourbon

Very nice, i'm lovin mine

Quote Originally Posted by mhotel1 View Post
      With a 1 piece fiberglass headliner barely enough headroom, about 1.5 inch.
      1.5" of headroom would be a dream come true for me in both my cars.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com