Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

How exciting can car ramps possibly be? ACTUALLY AWESOME !

With my 442 currently tying up my hoist not running at present, I have been doing the pain in the ___ ol' hydraulic jack and jack stands thing when needed. If it's really important, we can roll the Olds out and use the hoist, but doing a simple oil change on our trusty ol' Town and Country has been harder than something this simple should be - definitely not worth dropping the 442 down and pushing it out to use the hoist. Yeah, jacking the van up and using jack stands has been the standby, though it occurred to me that it would be soooooo much simpler if I could just drive it up some car ramps.

Well, I have always hated car ramps - PERIOD. The damned things have been such a pestilence to me that I donated the ones I had to a friend 30 years ago and never looked back. Revisiting the car ramp idea again just so that I could bang out a quick and easy oil change had me recalling all the hassles I previously dealt with - them pushing out unevenly, wheel targeting instabilities, the nervousness of being underneath (almost was eaten by a ramp failure once - close call!). At any rate, I did the usual internet search and BAM - ran across these marvelous ramps!

Name:  TITANRAMPS.JPG
Views: 269
Size:  170.1 KB

Here is the link to their website:

https://www.titanramps.com/vehicle-r...ty-311432.html

Yes, I would have much preferred to have the Olds up on the ramps for this pic...

Name:  RAMPS.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  286.4 KB

66 inches long to provide an ultra smooth 11 degree incline, a very awesome 14 inch width with side rail guide plates, 9 1/2 inch lift, only 26 pounds each making them a breeze to grab and place, along with a 3000 pound combined capacity. I am NOT easily impressed, so I purchased these on Amazon so that I could send them right back if I didn't like them. Let me tell you that these so vastly exceeded my expectations that I cannot rave about them enough! They are very trick, TIG welded VERY NICELY, look like a million bucks, and are just total eye candy even stashed away in the corner of the shop when not in use. They stand right up on their generous ends nesting together nicely, taking up little space when not in use. I have always hated being scared of overshooting the park position on car ramps, so I pulled right up on these and hit the stop plates at the end rather firmly to see if they would unsettle any and NOPE! ROCK SOLID. I shook the van hard to see if there would be any movement or rocking of any sort, finding them to be perfectly stable.

I would have initially never expected to spend this kind of money on some simple ramps, but these caught my eye and man am I tickled with them. The Olds sits pretty low, but I know it will ride right up these when called upon in the future without scraping

So, RAVE REVIEW on these from a guy that isn't impressed easily. I now consider these a MUST HAVE for anybody - especially with the awesome 14 inch width. Check them out. If you take the plunge, these will definitely put a smile on your face, even when not in use! I consider these one of my best 'fluke' purchases ever made.

There IS a difference - Thank you for choosing Hydratech!

Paul M. Clark
      Founder / Master Engineer

Hydratech Braking Systems ®
      www.hydratechbraking.com

Country Flag: United States
      Those look cool.

The part about ramps I don like is that the ramp is in the way when you need to slide under the car, they need the ramp part to be removable like the Race Ramps option were you just have the crib after you drive up on them.
      I really like the look of those though!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com