Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Rain gear wipers self park with push button.

Anyone had any luck wiring In rain gear wiper with self park to a push button style switch.
      I bought BlueWire Motorsports push button 2 speed wiper motor and module assembly.
      I can get high and low with working, put when switch is off. Arms stop.
      Looks like park wire is blue from rain gear. It shows 12 volts u til it grounds at park.
      Attachment 186436Attachment 186437

So you’ve got white and yellow from your rain gear hooked up to the outputs (30) on each relay correct? And red from the rain gear is hooked up to your wiper power source from the fuse box AND the inputs (87/86) on each relay?
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

Yes
      Wiper high (white) and wiper low (yellow) hooked up to relay output (30)
      12 volt source to relay (87)
      12 volt source to relay (86)
      ground trigger from wiper module to relay (85)
      Wipers work with push button controls.
      The question is they don't self park. If I test them with the switch that was included from Rain gear, they self park. Going to push button style they do not.
      FYI I had to add a 3rd relay to turn off wiper low during wiper high to get high to work.

Can you check continuity on the Raingear switch in the various positions? Which terminals are connected in each position? I'm working on something similar, no wiper controller though. Maybe swapping 30 and 87 on the High (or Low) relay, and then have that relay's 87A terminal feed the Low (or High) relay's 30 terminal. Thus this relays 87 and 87A would now be Low and Park outputs.

Did that.
      It's not as simple as apply 12 volts or ground during park. Tried all that.
      Once you turn Rain-gear switch off All the wire (high, low and park have 12 volts until wiper motor reaches park position.
      Then blue wire (park) rests at ground and 12 volts goes away from high and low.
      I have stumped Rain-Gear and Blue wire also.
      I might buy an extra kit from Rain gear and cut wiper motor and switch open so I can what's going on inside.

Thinking about this a little the blue park wire is likely not an input, it is an output from the wiper motor. It powers the high or low inputs until it is parked and the output goes low.

I would be tempted to connect the blue wire to either low or hi with a diode and see what happens.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Rain gear wipers self park with push button.

Blue wire shows 12 volts through wiper cycle until it hits park, then shows ground for a split second. It’s like a flasher. 12 volts on and off.
      Shows 12 volts on that wire while wiper travel through cycle until it hits park then ground for a Milli second then 12 volts again as it travels.

Did some research on the rotary wiper switch supplied. It's from Cole Hersee/Littelfuse. Part # 75228-03 or 04 I believe, for dynamic parking motors. The Raingear motor is a dynamic parking type. The datasheet shows the switch positions and terminal continuity for each position. I double checked on a switch on hand, matches datasheet information. I devised a circuit using 3 SPDT relays and 2 1N400x series diodes.Name:  wiper motor sml.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  121.8 KB
      Operation is:
      Off or Park, with no outputs active on controller, PARK relay is not enabled. Motor terminals P and L are connected. (rotary switch, P-L)
      High, High output active on controller, HIGH relay is enabled. Motor terminals B and H are connected. Also PARK relay is enabled, Motor terminals P and L are disconnected. (rotary switch, B-H)
      Low, Low output active on controller, LOW relay is enabled. Motor terminals B and L are connected. Also PARK relay is enabled as in High. (rotary switch, B-L)
      I'm using the 87A terminal of the HIGH relay to supply power to the 30 terminal of the LOW relay.
      You had stated an additional relay to turn off low to allow high operation. Don't forget the motor ground.
      Hope this helps.
      Mark M

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com