Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Need 68-72 A-Body Parts: Headers, 12 bolt or 9" with brackets, bellhousing, More...

I just purchased a 1968 442 that already has a full BMR and Detroit Speed suspension, plus vintage Air, upgraded P/S and Tremec TKO. But it has the stock Olds 400, and BOP hybrid 8.5" 12 bolt with 10-bolt carrier and no c-clips.
      There just happens to be a standard deck 427 sitting in my garage with Forged internals, roller valvetrain, Pro Systems Carb, and AFR 265CC heads. Figure that might run better than whatever has been done to the Olds 400.

Here is a list of the parts I'm looking for:
      1. BBC 68-72 full length headers. I'll be switching to Hydraulic clutch, so linkage should be a non-issue. Prefer coated, and I would hope that someone doing an LS swap would have these as a take off.
      2. 12 bolt or 9" complete rear end with 68-72 A-Body brackets. I'll look at whatever you have, but would prefer with brakes, 5x4.75 bolt pattern, posi (non-locker) center section/diff, and no c-clips.
      3. Stock or aftermarket bellhousing. Should be the same as a factory Muncie.
      4. Vintage Air, compressor mounting bracket for BBC or complete accessory bracket assembly
      5. 10 or spline 10.4" or 11" Clutch rated for 600hp+
      6. 168 tooth Flywheel in good shape
      7. Milodon or similar aftermarket oil pan with baffles and trap doors. Low-pro preferred
      8. A-Body Hydraulic clutch conversion.
      9. Clockable Mini starter
      10. Water pump- Short

Let me know what you have, never know what I can work out.

Country Flag: Canada
      got excited for 2.3 seconds until i read for a bbc . i have a set of coated ls swap headers ,im probably going to end up with a lt by the time im done lol
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      got excited for 2.3 seconds until i read for a bbc . i have a set of coated ls swap headers ,im probably going to end up with a lt by the time im done lol
      What do you mean? Big Block Chevy should still have you excited!

Country Flag: Canada
      Lol no I had one ... boat anchor lol
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      Lol no I had one ... boat anchor lol
      Only if the boat sinks.

BTW. Now you've got me getting my own thread off topic. LOL

A junkyard 454 out of a 90s truck with budget aftermarket heads, 8.5:1 CR, a mild flat-tappet cam, and a dual-plane intake will make at least 500hp and 540 ft-lbs with so much more power under the curve. Start upgrading to nicer stuff, and the numbers only have one direction to go.

So, without looking at a big money LS stroker, for an NA application that lives on the street, built on a budget. Personally, I don't know that you can beat the Big Block. Especially in a heavy car where you need that torque to come on like a freight train, and need as much power under the curve as possible.

Don't get me wrong, if starting from scratch and looking for the max Hp out of an engine combo. I'm doing boosted LS all day long. Or if I had the $$$ I would find a way to do a 455 displacement LS stroker with rectangle port heads. In fact I'm already contemplating selling the 427 I have, and doing a S475 single right now. But everybody does an LS, and there is something about the lopey idle of big block in a classic muscle car that cannot be replicated.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com