Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

1965 Mustang DSE Project

Things happen and priorities change so I would like to turn this into money to use for other things. I absolutely do not need to sell it. I can finish it for someone here at the shop.

The car was reasonably solid for a midwest Mustang. Needed a few things in the floors. The doors have some previous repairs in them and there are some small rust spots in the 1/4 panels. I planned on wrapping the car and it was going to be my track rat go fast car so I wasn't really worried about those things.

Detroit Speed everything. Front and rear suspension along with their Supertank 1000 with a fuel pump controller from vaporworx. Double adjustable JRi shocks without reservoirs. That's nearly $17,000 in parts.

Engine trans mounts are setup for a Dry Sumped LSx and a T56 with a stock F body bellhousing. I have this engine available and can supply a trans and related parts if you want. I will not sell the engine separately.

Used an uber overkill GMR 9" housing with 3.25" axle tubes along with GMR full floating hubs. I have a Strange aluminum center section, 3:70 gear and a 35 spline S Trac that goes with it along with the 35 spline axles.

BrakeMan brakes all around. 13" front and 12" rear.

Formula 43 18x11 wheels with some old 315 Rivals. These fit great in the rear, the front will take some fender work, I had a set of Maier flared fender and they were close to working as is.

Fab work, I made the firewall to push the engine back as far as I could reasonable. The DSE subframe connectors were already installed when I tried to make seats work so I cut the top off of them and used the ones from US car tool instead. Made my own panhard brackets to get the bar as low as possible. and a bunch of other little stuff. Like the clutch master and roll bar.

So, 25K gets you a roller with all the sheetmetal, wheels and tires, and brakes. More pics here. https://frameupwheelworks.smugmug.co...cts/66-Mustang
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Looking forward to following the rest of the buIld. New to forum, I’ve got 65’.

Hi how much do you want with your ls engine and trans installed running, turning stopping? and clean clear title in hand, your name/ thanks simon

Still for sale.
      Donny

Where are you located?

Right between Chicago and Milwaukee
      Donny

Can you provide a price for the car ready to drive? Who knows, somebody (myself included) might be interested in buying as it is but having you complete the build

I can do that but you or somebody else needs to provide a lot more information than "ready to drive". How much is a steak dinner? How much is a three bedroom house? It depends, right?

Send me a pm with an email address. Tell me how you see the car finished. Tell me how you intend to use the car. Tell me what you want the car to do for you. The more descriptive you are, the more accurate the cost estimate.
      Donny

Still available?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com