Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Sc&c fyi

Sc&c fyi

Just received a letter stating that SC&C has filed for bankruptcy. I know Mark has been a big help for many of us in the PT world and unfortunately there are many of us who never received parts that were paid for in full, I myself being one. I'm not here to trash him, he was always eager to help, but rather to let those of us who were stuck without parts know what has been recently verified.

Rich

Country Flag: United States
      Wow I just opened the same letter this afternoon. I was lucky and did finally receive the last of my order after months of waiting. It’s really sad to see this happen. Mark was always extremely generous with his knowledge and time. And I feel bad for all the customers that lost time and money too. It’s a no-win situation unfortunately.

Too bad all-around. Mark was always a good guy.
      1971 Camaro, 383 stroker ~500HP,M21 Trans with lightened flywheel. All Sorts of Auto-x Goodness in the Suspension. 12" Brakes ->SOLD

But ask me about my 2004 STi Auto-x car...

Just call me Brett

I got a letter as well.

I assume the letter was due to going through my credit card to dispute the charges for no parts being delivered.
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Quote Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
      I got a letter as well.

I assume the letter was due to going through my credit card to dispute the charges for no parts being delivered.
      Probably the same reason I received my letter.

Too bad, he was always a great resource, took the time to help you out and sell you the right stuff.
      70 GTO - Alum 5.3/4L80e, 7875
      17 GT350

I agree that he was very knowledgeable but the worst part of this is he was telling customers their stuff was being shipped all the way up until the very end when he knew that was a lie! Floating customers money.

I purchased parts from him a good 10 years ago, very friendly and helpful.

He's also a liar, good riddance.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

I wish it weren’t true, he was a great source of knowledge, he made sure you got parts that would work together well. I bought a Lee 670 steering box from Mark, it’s one of my favorite updates to the car!
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      This makes me sad.

It's easy to vilify someone who has a bankrupcy, and may not speak truthfully in the closing days. I want to believe I would be absolutely forthcoming if I were in a similar position, but until you are in that position, you really don't know.

I see no value in denouncing him
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      This makes me sad.

It's easy to vilify someone who has a bankrupcy, and may not speak truthfully in the closing days. I want to believe I would be absolutely forthcoming if I were in a similar position, but until you are in that position, you really don't know.

I see no value in denouncing him

sometimes it feels good , especially if you were one of the victims of being lied to about parts arriving or having your money stolen . He very easily could have not accepted any new orders , told people the business was going under but he would regroup under a new name and be willing to provide parts after this . He chose to take money knowing he would never provide the parts .
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Also received the letter. I got most of the parts I ordered but not all. I have sympathy for whatever situation caused him to go bankrupt, but what does a man have if not his word?
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com