Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      Cool project! I like the Celica body style.... can't wait to see this one finished :-)
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Wow, you don't do anything halfway! This is a great project. I'm watching your YouTube videos too.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Martin71RS View Post
      Cool project! I like the Celica body style.... can't wait to see this one finished :-)
      Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
      Wow, you don't do anything halfway! This is a great project. I'm watching your YouTube videos too.
      Thank you, thank you for checking out the YouTube!

Project Snake Charmer - 1972 Celica with the heart of a 2015 Mustang

Name:  BB47E0EB-0EEC-4824-B929-5CF5E2524FEA.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  850.2 KB

It’s been a long time guys!

Here is a little back story. This past summer I had set a goal to paint my 1973 celica before our baby arrived. So tony and I put the SC on hold till that task was done. I hammered down and got it done! Name:  IMG_3141.JPG
Views: 475
Size:  467.8 KB

Then our baby girl arrived in September. And I took a month off projects. Then back on the blue celica. It’s almost done now. I really want to drive it this summer. I am 6 years in on it. The engine block is at Brazer getting machine work done. Once I locate the high compression 8rc cyl head I will have the last big puzzle piece.

I had a co worker come down to check out my builds. So the SC had become a shelf and I cleaned it off to show him. Which got me excited to finish it. So two weeks ago Tony and I started on it again. Check out tomorrow’s YouTube video: Name:  BB47E0EB-0EEC-4824-B929-5CF5E2524FEA.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  850.2 KB

The snake left my shop this evening. We brought it to Tony’s shop. He has a hoist so we can do everything needed from underneath the car. This is a short list: paint chassis make brake lines, bolt check fix coolant leak at water pump. At this point there is no reason we can’t go for a few shake down runs! That is this weeks work plan. It still needs some other odds and ends on top but we finally get to see how hard it pulls. Power to weight on it is similar to Hellcat Challenger.

I finally get to look at my chassis fab work for the first time from this view! I was pumped at how cool it looks
      Name:  IMG_4819.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  314.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4797.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  591.8 KBName:  IMG_4798.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  671.7 KBName:  IMG_4800.JPG
Views: 359
Size:  478.0 KBName:  IMG_4804.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  450.6 KBName:  IMG_4812.JPG
Size:  366.0 KBName:  IMG_4811.JPG
Size:  383.4 KBName:  IMG_4814.JPG
Views: 358
Size:  346.6 KB

Also this is the latest YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/g7sMBNRY7D8

This was an exciting couple days! 4-5 years on a “one year build” and Tony and I finally get to drive the car for the first time. Building a house, new babies, covid seem to extend the build length. When we started the build we were the first ones to do a 2.3L ecoboost engine swap and probably the last ones to finish it . It’s not done yet and a few new things to sort out!

https://youtu.be/mIe_tduZrjc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com