Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by dadstoygarage View Post
      I am installing the passenger side rocker panels. I am pretty excited to do the side exit exhaust through the rocker panel! I have the tail pipe fabricated and the portion of rocker panel ready to weld in place. now I need to finish boxing in the rocker panel to prevent exhaust gasses in the cabin.
      Attachment 186452Attachment 186453Attachment 186454Attachment 186455Attachment 186456Attachment 186457Attachment 186458
      I am also routing a side exhaust. Due to space problems though the rockers are being boxed with the side pipes being open to the world.

The biggest thing in Motocross!
      My 97 Cougar Transcona, https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Dirty-Old-XR7

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      This is awesome!

Thank You!

Andrew
      Quote Originally Posted by egoman View Post
      I am also routing a side exhaust. Due to space problems though the rockers are being boxed with the side pipes being open to the world.
      Going Old school eh? Did you consider raising the passenger floor up a little? or is the cougar a full frame car? Our passenger compartment has some unique shape on the floor just so we could allow the exhaust piping to sit flush with the rocker panel pinch welds! Should allow us to get it a little lower to the ground.

New episode up on youtube:

I finished up the through the rocker panel side exit exhaust last night. I feel really good about how it came out. Started at 10 pm finished 3:30 am. Made a goal to finish and got er done! Most of my building happens after the kids are in bed so I don't miss out on family time.

Name:  IMG_8103 copy.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  413.2 KB

The rockers are an inch taller than the Original Toyota ones were from the factory. This allows the tail pipe to fit nicely through the rocker panel. The passenger floor is also raised to allow the exhaust pipe to sit flush with the rocker panel pinch welds. I spend a fair amount of time designing good water drainage and easy removal of the tail pipe for maintenance work etc.
      here you can see the exposed rear portion of rocker panel before I plated it over. it shows the innards and the drainage channel:Name:  IMG_8083 copy.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  384.9 KB

And capped off:
      Name:  IMG_8095 copy.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  390.8 KB

I also wanted the exhaust opening in the rocker panel to have a finished look. the flange also adds strength to the rocker panel:
      Name:  IMG_8085 copy.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  461.8 KBName:  IMG_8087 copy.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  393.5 KBName:  IMG_8091 copy.jpg
Size:  396.8 KB

The underside is quite complex but should be functional, cool looking and easy to maintain:
      Name:  IMG_8097 copy.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  439.8 KB

Done:
      Name:  IMG_8102 copy.jpg
Size:  511.6 KB

My Son loves the car too:
      Name:  IMG_8108 copy.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  554.5 KB

Going Old school eh? Did you consider raising the passenger floor up a little? or is the cougar a full frame car? Our passenger compartment has some unique shape on the floor just so we could allow the exhaust piping to sit flush with the rocker panel pinch welds! Should allow us to get it a little lower to the ground.
      I definitely gave some thought to screwing my passenger, LOL But my friend who would travel with me is also a bigger boy.

Tony and I spent some time in the wrecker sitting in a bunch of different cars to test out seats that looked good and had some bolstering. We made a list of the ones that we liked and got prices at the office. These 2007 Mazdaspeed3 seats were $235 cad for the pair. They were like new condition, comfortable and nicely side bolstered. I like the grey and black with red stitching. For the price they could not be beat. As a plus the driver seat is height adjustable, lumbar adjustable. The floor is raised on the passenger side to allow the exhaust to sit level with the frame/rocker panels. So I made the passenger seat fixed (no seat tracks) but still adjustable on the back rest to get it as low as possible for maximum head room.
      Name:  IMG_8203.JPG
Views: 736
Size:  482.8 KBName:  IMG_8204.JPG
Views: 731
Size:  483.0 KBName:  IMG_8205.JPG
Views: 737
Size:  448.6 KB

The I may pick up the back seat from the Mazda to use the fabric to replace the portion that has “mazdaspeed” embroidered in it.

Liking what you are doing guys! Seats are always a big decision.

Country Flag: Australia
      Love it

Country Flag: United States
      great build
      Tim Mc
      71 Cutlass
      66 Tempest
      65 cutlass
      15 BMW GSA

Liking what you are doing guys! Seats are always a big decision.
      Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
      Love it
      Quote Originally Posted by TimMC View Post
      great build
      Thanks Guys!

Country Flag: United States
      This thing looks like it's going to be stupid-fun! Be almost a shame to cover up all that fab work with paint.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Quote Originally Posted by 68Formula View Post
      This thing looks like it's going to be stupid-fun! Be almost a shame to cover up all that fab work with paint.
      @ 68Formula. Thank you. I feel the same my favourite part of the build is seeing the body in bare metal and all the metal work done!

Metal fabrication is pretty much done. The ContourSCT is an awesome tool! I started stripping the paint off! Love a bare metal body!
      Name:  IMG_8343.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  501.1 KB

I finished up fabricating the lower portion of the passenger fender last night. If you are a car builder you probably do the same thing once the work is done for the evening- sit for a good 30 min enjoying the rest of your cold beverage looking at your build:Name:  IMG_8388.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  548.6 KBName:  IMG_8382.JPG
Views: 650
Size:  420.5 KBName:  IMG_8384.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  532.1 KBName:  IMG_8385.JPG
Views: 640
Size:  480.6 KBName:  IMG_8386.JPG
Views: 642
Size:  434.6 KB

Project Snake Charmer - 1972 Celica with the heart of a 2015 Mustang

Last night I sprayed the exterior with epoxy primer. We will call it Battle Ship Grey. It is going to be this colour for a long time. No final paint till alignment and arches and some testing is done. I also plan to build a lot of the removable exterior panels out of composite eventually to get the weight down. So much closer to going autocrossing with it. I ordered all the glass weather strip out of Thailand, it should be here next week.

It’s so wide!! I love it. I could not stop smiling when I saw that angle. The car had not moved out of its corner of the shop in at least a year or 2. When it went into that corner it was not a wide body. So seeing it straight on from the back caught me off guard with how good it looked. This is the last time the car was in bare metal. Name:  5A57620A-E6F2-4CA4-B615-52DC363C7602.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  642.8 KBName:  IMG_8430.JPG
Views: 577
Size:  461.9 KB

Primer is done:
      Name:  IMG_8442.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  513.7 KBName:  IMG_8436.JPG
Views: 577
Size:  398.9 KBName:  IMG_8439.JPG
Views: 566
Size:  405.6 KBName:  IMG_8437.JPG
Views: 578
Size:  523.3 KBName:  IMG_8438.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  426.2 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Almost as wide as it is long. Should corner like a hermit crab (I think that's good)???
      In a few years we can maybe play together.

Almost as wide as it is long. Should corner like a hermit crab (I think that's good)???
      In a few years we can maybe play together.
      Are you planning on bringing yours out to St. Andrews to join us for some autocross?

Tony and I were discussing the other day that we each have different ideas of what we want to see in this build. He was saying he wants it to be fast and did not care how it looks. I told him I wanted to look sexy while going fast. He replied: “I would put unicorns all over the car if it made it faster”. Me liking a good practical joke decided to order some “sponsorship decals”
      Name:  IMG_8486.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  422.1 KB

I did some re assembly and gave the rear spoiler a AAR cuda paint job. I also blacked out the tail panel. We are considering painting the bumpers black or grey.
      Name:  IMG_8487.JPG
Views: 522
Size:  484.7 KBName:  IMG_8453.JPG
Views: 519
Size:  579.0 KBName:  IMG_8457.JPG
Views: 526
Size:  372.8 KBName:  IMG_8480.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  752.1 KB

I forgot to include an assembled rear end shot:
      Name:  IMG_8483.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  497.1 KBName:  IMG_8484.JPG
Views: 530
Size:  451.1 KB

Are you planning on bringing yours out to St. Andrews to join us for some autocross?

Tony and I were discussing the other day that we each have different ideas of what we want to see in this build. He was saying he wants it to be fast and did not care how it looks. I told him I wanted to look sexy while going fast. He replied: “I would put unicorns all over the car if it made it faster”. Me liking a good practical joke decided to order some “sponsorship decals”
      Name:  IMG_8486.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  422.1 KB

I did some re assembly and gave the rear spoiler a AAR cuda paint job. I also blacked out the tail panel. We are considering painting the bumpers black or grey.
      Name:  IMG_8487.JPG
Views: 522
Size:  484.7 KBName:  IMG_8453.JPG
Views: 519
Size:  579.0 KBName:  IMG_8457.JPG
Views: 526
Size:  372.8 KBName:  IMG_8480.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  752.1 KB
      Mine is supposed to be an all purpose car so I should end up there, and everywhere else too!

I like everything about this build!
      I think your widebody mods look great.
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Mine is supposed to be an all purpose car so I should end up there, and everywhere else too!
      Cool! We are hoping to take it up to gimli for hot laps, maybe time attack. Eventually I want to do a standing mile event. Tony says if it has enough power our gearing is good for 200mph . That’s 50mph faster than my Mach 1 would do!

Quote Originally Posted by mc84_zz4 View Post
      I like everything about this build!
      I think your widebody mods look great.
      Thank you!

I entered the car in the online Hotwheels Legends tour last night i submitted this photo. I love how the car looks at this angle: Name:  IMG_8544.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  706.0 KB

And the other unicorn is on: Name:  IMG_8538.JPG
Views: 463
Size:  385.4 KBName:  IMG_8537.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  352.0 KB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com