Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States

Wiring Schematics

Admitting I have the memory of a goldfish, and knowing that when I start to rewire the car I'll forget where I'm at and what I'm doing, I want to make sure I have something more than a sketch in my head about what wire goes where and powers what.

In old days, when I was young, the schematics was a multi-folded sheet with each wire traceable. I am comfortable using these types of schematics, but am open to options.

So how are people drawing wiring diagrams these days, what software is being used, how are the cool cats (is that showing my age?) tracking their harness designs?

On edit, the last harness drawing I was working on was in excel using the draw feature, and scanned images of the original harness providing the symbology. This was for the car in my avatar, a 76 model. Significantly less complex then what I'm thinking about today

Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Lots of pictures on my cellphone.
      Tracey

I use PPT...for me its easy and you can use connectors for moving items around an the wiring will stay connected. not sophisticated but it works.

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States
      Example of what I've done copying the factory wire diagram

Name:  Capri.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  122.0 KB

This is essentially a copy of the factory wiring diagram, in Excel. Th connectionsink I can harvest a couple ideas on component to wire connections. Thanks. Something to think about.
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Country Flag: Canada
      Wow, that's amazing Greg. Well done

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com