Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      The spec chassis is designed to bolt right on with minimal cutting. The Fast Track chassis requires a floor, rear area rework to fit. I have installed the fast track on a C10 and had to do alot of bed mods to fit it. I have a spec chassis for my 74 TA and it looks like it should bolt right on. Roadster shop makes an incredible frame. Scott, great work on the camaro so far. Great attention to detail. Lovin this build.
      Evo.

my 74 TA chassis
      My apologies for the slow response!
      Yes the chassis bolts right to the body with zero modification. I did the DSE mini tubs and they fit perfect as well. It is amazing to me just how well everything fits!! Roadster shop did a great job with the design.

Been slowly working away but didnt have any visual progress for a while.

Car is 99% wired. The body is currently sitting on the chassis but will be lifting off again one more time as I still have to build the exhaust and have not got to that yet. With that in mind I have a list of things that are ready to hook up but cant really be hooked up until the body and chassis are permanently together.

The interior is mostly done. Rear seat is off being covered to match the front seats. That is the only part of the car someone else is doing other than me! Hope he does a good job. Literally a guy named Bubba in Alabama has my seat in his hands! haha I have not installed the Dakota digital dash gauges yet because I have a few more wires to go back there. Because of that the drivers seat is still out. I also need to come up with a shift boot for the console.

I have put the front fenders back on so I can start working on the inner fenders. I have my old ones bolted in place. I ordered my tires and used the wheel fit tool to measure for wheels. Got those specs all dialed in and will be placing the wheel order tomorrow. The wheels are a 12 week lead time (supposedly). I am outside optimistic in 3 months I may be close to driving it. Probably not but at least want to get the wheels here.
      Fronts - 18 x9 6.375BS 255/35/18
      Rears 19 x 11 5.75BS 315/30/19

I am going to need to modify the inner fenders a bit to work best with the Roadster shop chassis. Currently the old ones are in there as guinea pigs and I have new ones standing by to replicate my mods on once I figure out exactly what I am doing.

I have partially installed the Estopp parking brake in the trunk. Cant hook up the cables until I join the body and chassis but I have the unit mounted and the wiring done.

That is mainly what I have been working on. Here are a few pics.

Name:  update1.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  update2.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  update3.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  29.5 KB

Name:  update4.JPG
Views: 1225
Size:  346.8 KB

Dang your coming along fast. Wish I would have used a wheel tool toeasure but I bought some new old stock ZX3R forgelines for a beamer. Having them re barrelled for my specs and just re-drilled my hubs and axles for the metric 5X120 pattern
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

I would love to see some detailed pics of the E-Stopp installation

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      I would love to see some detailed pics of the E-Stopp installation

Name:  pb6.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  93.4 KB

Name:  pb5.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  127.0 KB

Name:  pb4.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  148.6 KB

There isn't much to show at this point because I cant attach the cables until I permanently mate the body to the chassis.

I have the unit itself in the trunk going side to side on the flat floor part near the back of the rear seat. Will eventually build a panel to hide it. When looking for a place to run the cables I was looking right at the holes in each side of the rear seat pan where the bolts would have gone for the rear seat belts. Not going to have rear seat belts so figured out I could just add one bracket to the frame on each side in the vicinity of the rear wheel and then route the cables straight into those holes. The make a radius under the back seat and loop them around to come into the unit. Ran the wires up to the dash and made a hole in the dash below the ignition switch and mounted the button there.

Here are a few pics. I will sorta draw in where the cables will go. It wont seem right with my finger drawn line but you can get the idea. Tested it out and it works good

Been a while since an update. I am plugging away at it.
      I got the front half of the exhaust completed prior to putting the body and the chassis together permanently now. I was waiting to see what space the body left me to mount the mufflers. There is an x-pipe in the center under the driveshaft. In the picture below everything aft of the X pipe is just sitting there. Now that I have the body on I am working on the back half of the exhaust.

Got my wheels delivered from Schott and set the car on its own feet for the first time yesterday. Very pleased that my custom specs I measured for worked out perfectly. 18" on the front and 19" on the rear. I will need some steering rack limiters for the front to restrict the turn angle slightly. I have the Detroit speed mini tubs and have a 315 on the rear. Could have prob squeezed a 325 in there but I am very happy with how it sits.

Everything in the engine bay is wired up and connected expect for the brake booster. (there were a few things still needing wired when I took the pic) I have that out to bench bleed the master cylinder. Have some final connections to make in the interior behind the dash as well as put the rear seat, drivers seat and steering wheel. I left the battery up front in the stock position. The passenger inner fender is quite crowded with the GMPP fuse box, vintage air lines and some other electrical. This isnt a build with a super clean engine compartment. It could certainly look better but I am pleased with the layout and functionality.

Potentially only 2-4 weeks from attempting first start depending on my work schedule and how much time I find for the build. Getting pretty exciting. Everything is working out as I hoped. Really pleased with the Roadster shop chassis. Been a lot of custom solutions along the way but I am getting there.

Do hope to roll it out of the garage soon for some decent pics. Really hard with the space and lighting to get anything good.

I do heavily document my build sessions in my instagram story @scottsrides if anyone cars to see more.

Name:  wheel4.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  152.2 KB

Name:  wheel 1.PNG
Views: 1031
Size:  528.1 KB

Name:  wheel2.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  107.3 KB

Name:  wheel3.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  111.6 KB

Looks like your build is rocking along scott
      Looks killer
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Pushed the car out into the sun for the first time in 16 months. Getting close to first start. Still need to power it up and test all the electronics, add some fluids and finish a few more items.
      Put the hood on yesterday. Need some serious work on the gaps and need to read up on how to adjust the hinges and latch to make it look right. Here are a few pics. I hope to be driving in July!

Name:  out2.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  164.6 KB

Name:  out1.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  181.8 KB

Name:  out3.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  116.8 KB

Name:  out4.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  147.4 KB

Scott
      That's about where I'm at. I'm running and driving but I lack stereo, kick panels, e brake and few other little details.
      Looks killer
      Jason

TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Finished to the point I am ready to put some shakedown miles on it. Drove it 17 miles this morning. Everything is working as I hoped. First task will be to work on the alignment. Then get the ac working. My buddy has the equipment and know how to accomplish that. Extremely pleased with the ride quality with the out of the crate settings on the chassis. Going easy on the motor of course. This is going to be fun!

I have a lot of videos I need to put together into a YouTube link. Plenty of video/sound clips on my instagram @scottsrides

Pleased how this one turned out. Had a buddy help me with the finish welding on the exhaust after I fabricated it and tac'd it together and another guy recovered the rear seat. Did a horrible job which I basically took apart and redid. Other than that did it all myself which I enjoy. I'm sure a pro could do it better but I am proud of how the DIY project I turned out.

Name:  update3.JPG
Views: 763
Size:  139.4 KB

Name:  update4.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  191.2 KB

Views: 759
Size:  214.3 KB

Views: 767
Size:  212.0 KB

Fast build. Looks great.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

So happy for you it looks great. I'm doing shakedown runs on mine also. I'm at 200 Miles.
      Awesome job man
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

You should be proud! Great job. Now savor drive time! Good luck and be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
      Finished to the point I am ready to put some shakedown miles on it. Drove it 17 miles this morning. Everything is working as I hoped. First task will be to work on the alignment. Then get the ac working. My buddy has the equipment and know how to accomplish that. Extremely pleased with the ride quality with the out of the crate settings on the chassis. Going easy on the motor of course. This is going to be fun!

I have a lot of videos I need to put together into a YouTube link. Plenty of video/sound clips on my instagram @scottsrides

Pleased how this one turned out. Had a buddy help me with the finish welding on the exhaust after I fabricated it and tac'd it together and another guy recovered the rear seat. Did a horrible job which I basically took apart and redid. Other than that did it all myself which I enjoy. I'm sure a pro could do it better but I am proud of how the DIY project I turned out.

Name:  update3.JPG
Views: 763
Size:  139.4 KB

Name:  update4.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  191.2 KB

Views: 759
Size:  214.3 KB

Views: 767
Size:  212.0 KB
      Nice job! I really like the stance, and the dash etc. in red.

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      So happy for you it looks great. I'm doing shakedown runs on mine also. I'm at 200 Miles.
      Awesome job man
      Jason
      Thank you! Sure is a blast to drive. Im up to 75 miles. My only issue so far is a seat heater that is heating all the time. Don't really need that in July in Alabama!

A great build. I hope driving your masterpiece brings you as much happiness as the pictures bring to those viewing. The detail work is excellent. I particularly like what you did with the interior. Good Luck !!!

It seams that the last 5% of the work takes 90% of the time. Looks great

Great looking car

Rather quick build, lots of planning and no changing half way through!
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Great work Scott!! I LOVE those seats. The whole build came together really nicely and definitely something to be proud of.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the positive feedback. 200 miles now and everything is working great. Only thing I have left to do is get the AC going. My buddy that helps me service it is swamped at work and we have not had a chance yet

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com