Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Anyone buy a walbro pump lately?

I just purchased a bunch of parts from tanks inc including a walbro in tank pump. I know walbro was bought out buy TI automotive a while back and heard people saying thier walbro pumps actually said TI on them instead of walbro. The pump I just received says walbro on it not TI. Does this mean the pump is really old? What are you guys seeing? Thanks in advance

Country Flag: United States
      TI has been the parent company of Walbro for quite some time. The Walbro name is still very popular in the aftermarket so the name remains. The TI pumps are also used by many other fueling companies, Aeromotive and Holley both use TI pumps in many of their higher output brushed type pumps.

That does not mean that a pump that says Walbro on it is truly a TI part. The Walbro/TI pumps are likely the #1 brand of counterfeit parts out there. The junk that is being offered as "Genuine" is just stunning. Add in that TI stopped making pumps for multiple months due to CV-19 and it becomes easy to connect the dots.

I'd think that Tanks Inc., being a pretty reputable company, is getting the genuine parts. If concerned, I suggest giving them a call to discuss.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

The genuine TI pumps I have in stock all say TI on them and not Walbro. I have an older Walbro (2 years or so) in my Evo and I am 99% sure it said Walbro on the pump.
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Im sure the pump I got is a genuine walbro but expected it to say ti on it. Maybe I got the one from the way back of the shelf

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com