Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

TCI - Anyone have issues with their service ?

Purchased a TCI Torque arm suspension for a 70 Nova. Received incorrect brackets for a non minitubbed car and no brackets for a 12 bolt. Tech guy was great

Called them up and they’re will to replace the stuff but it will
      need to goto the dealer I purchased it from and then shipped to me. When I asked to expedite the shipping because of their error, they suggested I would have to cover the costs.

I realize it’s a difficult time to order stuff and the manpower is probably way down, however what about making things “right”. I’ve got a car apart on a hoist and not even an offer to try and smooth the situation.

Anyone else purchased from them lately ?

-Carm

Country Flag: United States
      My advice to you is to pay the expedited shipping costs.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Really that’s you’re advice? Do you think that’s an appropriate action for a customer to take after a manufacturer has errored twice? Is this what the world has come to?

I’m curious to know your reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked-Z View Post
      Really that’s you’re advice? Do you think that’s an appropriate action for a customer to take after a manufacturer has errored twice? Is this what the world has come to?

I’m curious to know your reasoning.
      Because they are not likely going to deviate and you say you need your parts. This is not the first time I have read something similar about TCI. Maybe a search before you bought could have moved you to choose a different vendor. For sure they are not worried about your future business.

The vendor you purchased from should be stepping up and paying the expedited shipping but there again, it’s a long shot.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Thanks for the reply, now I know exactly what you meant. I tried searching like hell before I bought from them. I guess they do a good job cleaning up and putting their messes away. TOTAL COAT INVOLVED - shame on you.

I’m on the fence with sending back the entire kit, solely because of their customer service. Could you imagine any kind of warranty issue? If they don’t expedite my shipment they’re getting the whole thing back. I don’t care if I have to wait another month for someone else’s system.

My vendor has been great and is willing to go the mile to make me happy, but I can’t believe they have to cut their profit by sucking up the shipping cost for the manufacturers errors.

I’ve been around the block for quite a while now, just not on this board, mostly Yellowbullet. This isn’t my first car or build and won’t be the last. It is my first time buying a bolt in rear suspension though.

Thanks for the insight.

-Carm
      ‘66 Parisienne Sport
      ’69 T/A T.T.
      ’70 Acadian SS
      ’09 LPE ZR1

If I could afford to do so, I would rip all my TCI stuff out from under my mustang and scrap it for something else. Solely because of their ****ty service. I called them a while back wanting to buy some parts to convert my 3 link setup to the mini tubbed 3 link setup. He told me the only way it can be done is to sell my kit and buy a whole new one. He refused to sell me the parts, even though it is just a few different parts and the rest of the kit is the exact same. Thought about calling them back and saying I have their mini tub kit, got in a wreck, and need replacement parts. This is just 1 example of the issues i have had with their after sales service. I have dealt with 1 good person there (Jason), and the rest of them seem like dicks.
      Justin Hocking
      67 Mustang Coupe to Fastback swap
      TCI front and rear
      Detroit Mini Tub

Future coyote

I’ve had problems in the past. Going forward, if you need help with identifying parts, talk with Kevin beach. Do NOT speak with the sales department, they are horrible and lazy. If I were you, I would go straight to sal. When Jason sees this thread, he will probably help with your issue. Both Kevin and Jason are good people at tci.

If Kevin was the guy in tech, he was great. I did talk to a “Kevin” and he helped identify the brackets were incorrect. He did also say that it’s out of his hands and a salesman “Justin” would be taking it over. This is where the problems started.
      ‘66 Parisienne Sport
      ’69 T/A T.T.
      ’70 Acadian SS
      ’09 LPE ZR1

Could anyone suggest another manufacturer that’s had a great customer service and product?

-Carm
      ‘66 Parisienne Sport
      ’69 T/A T.T.
      ’70 Acadian SS
      ’09 LPE ZR1

I have installed a couple of Speedtechs torque arms. Their designs are ok and they have good customer service.

I have installed a couple of DSE Quadralinks. They are well engineered and they have pretty good customer service.

I have installed a couple of Art Morrison systems. They are well engineered and their customer service is exceptional.

I have installed a couple of ridetech systems. Their designs are ok and customer service was a bit of a mixed bag.

I have installed a No Limit Engineering system. The engineering was pretty good and customer service was good.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I installed BMR on a Mustang and it was very good. I installed ridetech on my wagon and their parts were excellent compared to some Global West parts that were also purchased.
      Tracey

So here’s an update....talked to Evan and he cleared a lot of things up for me. The bracket IS not the correct one for a minitub kit, however the solution is possible only because it’s a torque arm suspension. The part hanging into the wheel well can be trimmed off. I will weld the unsupported end to give it a little strength but he said it’s really not necessary there anyway.

Name:  B71DC54C-F12B-428B-9E77-EC2521D38564.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  322.9 KB

‘66 Parisienne Sport
      ’69 T/A T.T.
      ’70 Acadian SS
      ’09 LPE ZR1

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com