Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Crossmember for DSE Sub and Holley specific parts?

Is anyone running these specific parts in a first gen?

Trying to figure out which Holley Trans crossmember works with these parts-

1. DSE sub, LS3/T56 magnum
      2. 60404 mounts
      3. Holley headers for DSE sub
      4. Holley exhaust for DSE sub and quadralink.

I tried using the Holley crossmember (for the stock subframe) and it doesn’t align and one of the T56 case tabs interferes with it. Holley doesn’t make a crossmember for the LS conversion with a DSE sub....
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Update-

I was able to go work in the car on Thursday. Fitting everything together as I had it, the driveline angle was approx 5.2 degrees down. That included the Holley supplied spacer (for the magnum). We started raising (and mocking in different spacers) the trans level. Ended up going to the local hardware store and bought a 1” square block of aluminum. Thanks Scott D'Alessandro!
      We installed(mocked it in) that spacer and it was right at 3 degrees, closer to where I wanted to be. The contact area on the case I was concerned about is no longer a factor.

Obviously the block will have to be drilled and the mount studs will be swapped for longer bolts.

I plan on trying to raise the trans level a bit more, I know the 3 is good, I really want closer to 2 degrees. I will update more once it is in the car. The trans tunnel will have to be cut/raised. The subframe holes will also need to modified to match the new crossmember location.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Not running an LS but with my DSE subframe and T56 I had to modify the cross member in order to eliminate the need for spacers under the trans mount.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

I am running the exact set up, or let me rephrase I am planning to run that exact set up. Was you able to use the Holley cross member and get it aligned? I will also try to get to 2 degrees and if you could shed any advice I would appreciate it!
      Thanks

Yes I used the Holley stock sub crossmember. I added an 1” block of aluminum and a couple of other small spacers to get the desired driveline angle. Also had to redrill a couple of holes in the sun for the crossmember to line up. Works great now.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com