• Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Detroit Speed officially merges with Holley

Congrats to Kyle Tucker and crew.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/holley-buys-dse/

Holley is also going public under stock ticker “HLLY” for anyone who wants to own a part of Holley and its subsidiaries.

https://www.aftermarketnews.com/holl...ublic-company/

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonar89 View Post
      Holley is also going public under stock ticker “HLLY” for anyone who wants to own a part of Holley and its subsidiaries.

I’m considering it. They’ve grown so much the last few years

Wow, nice.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Man, I hope DSE stays true to their brand. I have seen too many companies, including mine, get bought put by holdings companies and its all down hill from there. They try to cut costs and usually means jobs and quality. Good luck to DSE.

I know what you are saying and it has been the downfall of many great companies.

However, look at what Holley has done in the past 10 years with Tomlinson at the helm. A little background on him http://www.competitionplus.com/featu...-holley-around
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Going public means the private equity company is cashing out. Being a publicly traded company also adds layers of costs and regulations. There will definitely be pressure to reduce costs.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank. Built for 35 mpg. So far 32.

Happy For Kyle! Glad to hear he is sticking around to oversee things for a few more years!
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

The company I worked for almost 40 years was for a while were owned by "investment" companies. Investment companies want 20% returns.
      As luck was have it we were able to buy back the company as a employee stock owner ship commonly known as a "ESOP".
      As I understand there some really great tax breaks for the owners if they do a ESOP.
      I don't know about DSE but for our company the ESOP made a big difference in employee dedication. Of and we went from $2.20 buy in 2003 to current stock price of $45.00.

Quote Originally Posted by 67-LS1 View Post
      Going public means the private equity company is cashing out. Being a publicly traded company also adds layers of costs and regulations. There will definitely be pressure to reduce costs.
      All true. I found the investor presentation to be pretty interesting.

https://www.holley.com/investor

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

It is interesting in that it states they expect to come out of the chute with a $485 million dollar debt load. It’s also interesting that the SPAC has not shot up after the announcement. This would indicate to me that there isn’t a lot of interest at the proposed value level.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank. Built for 35 mpg. So far 32.

I'm curious what will happen to the custom-build side of the DSE shop. I wouldn't think that would fit in with the Holley products division. I wonder if they will somehow spin that piece out and keep just the product development side. Time will tell...
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

They simply might not have sold that aspect of the business.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Quote Originally Posted by 67-LS1 View Post
      It is interesting in that it states they expect to come out of the chute with a $485 million dollar debt load.
      I believe Holley has acquired several brands in the last 5 years to add to their portfolio. Could be part of the reason.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Beckett View Post
      Man, I hope DSE stays true to their brand. I have seen too many companies, including mine, get bought put by holdings companies and its all down hill from there. They try to cut costs and usually means jobs and quality. Good luck to DSE.

So true!! The emphasis is shifted from quality to quantity and then it's suddenly all about just getting as much product out the door as possible. That's when the research goes out the window and the customer suffers.
      Used to be known as 509chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonar89 View Post

Unfortunately I don’t know if that’s a good long term play. As much as I love our shared hobby I think the 10-20 year outlook for performance parts manufacturers for internal combustion engines isn’t great. I’d bet the government and EPA are either gonna clamp down hard on emissions for classics and customs or try and stomp us out all together.

I looked up the stock symbol "HLLY", & it said it was:

Holly Brothers Pictures Inc

Is that right?
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

LoL the search for Holly stocks went well.

Anyways, the merger hasn't happened yet, so it isn't listed yet from what I can tell.
      Donny

Time will tell how the product and service will turn out.
      72 chevelle.

FWIW

HLLY, or the stock formerly known as EMPW, is now officially listed. https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/hlly
      Donny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast