Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      I think it's great for Kyle, but I'm really scratching my head over what's going to happen to the business model going forward. From my understanding Kyle is staying on momentarily, but usually those situations are not permanent. What happens after he eventually leaves, either spinning off the build side of the business or starting a new one? Once you're a publicly-traded company it's all about market share and profits, and usually that means more out-sourcing of work and sourcing of parts from overseas....which eventually leads to loss of quality.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

Holley actually has a Holley EVI (Electric Vehicle Innovation) Facebook page. I’m not sure about quality going up or down but that may be the future for performance muscle cars from them. GM also is supposedly selling electric crate engines soon. With that type of stuff coming, I’m pretty excited to see new product lines in these areas that we can use for our old pro-touring and muscle cars.

Holley earnings report is about 2 weeks away.......

They have recently added Finspeed and Rocket Racing Wheels to the lineup and their social media posts are all tagged with Holley. I also see Classic Instruments listed as a brand on the Holley website as well but I haven't seen any Holley tags in their social media yet.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

So not only are we gonna pay $150 for a holley sensor it may be a chinese pos as well?
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      Speedtech pro touring front subframe
      ridetech rear 4-link
      moser 12 bolt eaton tru trac 3.73

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnister69 View Post
      So not only are we gonna pay $150 for a holley sensor it may be a chinese pos as well?
      The Chinese can make things as crappy or a great as anyone else. It's 100% up to the Holley bean counters and the QC engineers just how good it is, not the Chinese manufacturer - they only supply to the client spec. Parts will only be as good as a company can get away with reputationally to extract the highest margin of profit possible.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

It seems only yesterday that I was drooling over their Twister Camaro in a magazine (yeah, the paper kind). It’s been fun to watch them really carve out a new niche and in the hobby/passion.

I’d imagine a scenario where they keep the shop but operate under a new name. They’re great ambassadors for the pro touring scene. So it wouldn’t be surprising if they continue to support the brand at OUSCI or the car show circuit.

Whatever they decide I think they deserve it. I hope they stay on for at least product development.

Congrats, Tuckers!

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by anguilla1980 View Post
      The Chinese can make things as crappy or a great as anyone else. It's 100% up to the Holley bean counters and the QC engineers just how good it is, not the Chinese manufacturer - they only supply to the client spec. Parts will only be as good as a company can get away with reputationally to extract the highest margin of profit possible.
      Im sure an unpopular opinion but Holley sensors are completely overpriced junk, might aswell risk running amazon sensors.

Lowdollarmotorsports or RIFE sensors are the way to go.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Holley doesn't make pressure sensors. Their sensors are made by SSI.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by anguilla1980 View Post
      Please don't water down their xenophobia with common sense and facts.
      Tracey

Wonder what this will do to prices. Possible brong them down some.

My guess is prices will go up. They didn’t buy them to make less money. And something has to pay for the acquisition.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

The cost of parts they use may fall but they will take the savings as improved margins and not pass the savings on. Price increases seem to be coming across the board on all the parts we use.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Holley doesn't make pressure sensors. Their sensors are made by SSI.
      I know Holley doesnt make them but holley is responsible for what they put their name on and the holley sensors have such a brutal reliability vs cost history.

Lowdoller, RIFE or amazon for me lol.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square

Quote Originally Posted by protour_chevelle View Post
      I know Holley doesnt make them but holley is responsible for what they put their name on and the holley sensors have such a brutal reliability vs cost history.

Lowdoller, RIFE or amazon for me lol.
      To be honest, I try to use as many OEM sensors as possible. Sadly, many times the OEM sensors are harder to adapt to non OEM applications and the output curves are hard to find. That said, I am going to try a Rife block on my GTO build and many of my customers have had good luck with Lowdoller sensors.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      To be honest, I try to use as many OEM sensors as possible. Sadly, many times the OEM sensors are harder to adapt to non OEM applications and the output curves are hard to find. That said, I am going to try a Rife block on my GTO build and many of my customers have had good luck with Lowdoller sensors.

Andrew
      100% agree.

The RIFE block is super nice. RIFE even got a nice upgrade of being methanol safe after Motion took them over.
      Matt

Holley has added Baer to the collection.

“We are excited to welcome Arizona Desert Shocks, Baer Brakes, Brothers Trucks, and Rocket Racing Wheels to the Holley family of enthusiast brands,” said Tom Tomlinson, Holley’s President and CEO. “These acquisitions are in highly strategic product categories that are powertrain agnostic with applicability to the emerging opportunity in electric vehicles and electric powertrain conversions. The acquisition of ADS augments Holley’s existing capabilities in on-road performance suspension systems by adding off-road expertise. Baer Brakes introduces a new product category to Holley and brings us tremendous brake system expertise, moving us closer to our goal of providing complete vehicle solutions to our enthusiast consumers. Brothers Trucks further enhances our offerings in truck and SUV appearance items and Rocket Racing Wheels strengthens our offerings in wheels for both cars and trucks.”
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

I've used a few Low Dollar sensors so far and they have all worked great. Hard to beat the price, and they have great customer service.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      Holley has added Baer to the collection.
      jesus, talk about 1 stop shopping....
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2