Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cooled Seats

Country Flag: United States
      https://youtu.be/J2PWpWp4VAg

This is an aftermarket heating and cooling unit that works similar to the OEM styles with the heat exchanger. Seems somewhat universal, but since the foam doesn’t incorporate the ductwork, I question how comfortable the “ventilation pad” is

-Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vette427-sbc View Post
      https://youtu.be/J2PWpWp4VAg

This is an aftermarket heating and cooling unit that works similar to the OEM styles with the heat exchanger. Seems somewhat universal, but since the foam doesn’t incorporate the ductwork, I question how comfortable the “ventilation pad” is
      Web search says $2195 installed is the MSRP. I assume that's with the leather cover and cushion which has to be compatible. No vintage cars listed on their web page, but with a new OEM seat it seems very doable. Nice find!

Country Flag: Canada
      That is cool (pun yes), but ventilated not cooled. A client just delivered 6 new seats, 2 are black perforated leather buckets. If they don't want them back I'll probably dissect a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianwraith View Post
      That is cool (pun yes), but ventilated not cooled. A client just delivered 6 new seats, 2 are black perforated leather buckets. If they don't want them back I'll probably dissect a bit
      The Katskinz unit is blowing cooled air, not just ambient. Best option (IMO) would be to get that unit and hook it up to the ventilation system of the Benz (or whatever seats youre getting)
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

I think you are right Chris, don't think I want to spend 2500 on parts for seats tho

Have the cooling seats in our Cayenne, I think the seats are a Recaro variant. Boy do I love those seats on a hot summer day trip. Doesn't seem to affect any other cooling or rear passengers. But cool butt breeze is felt in the seat of the pants LOL. Just got me wondering about the Trans Am seats I'm gonna put in the 69 Camaro. Using perforated material in the seat centers and back center panels... but there's not much room to get that cool air from the Vintage Air system thru the console and into the seats. Definitely need a seat with a bit of a pedestal I'd think.
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

I have a set of E60 M5 seats that have yet to go in the cutlass, they are heated but not cooled. I am planning on adding the cooler kit from leatherseats.com as it uses the Peltier cooler and I never have a backseat passenger to worry about lol. Additionally, I am looking to add a small vent under the head rests that directs cool air to the my neck. A lot of electric vehicles are looking to locally optimize comfort by targeting coolers/warmers on the back, thighs and neck to minimize the HVAC load on the battery packs....I'm doing it because I can't find the time/money to buy/install a legit AC.

1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

I found a set of seats I like but don’t know what it will take to get the heat and cool option to work in them. If anyone has any experience in this area please let me know.

do you want to tell us what the seats are out of lol ... I have been told that alot of modern car seats operate on a can bus system which can really throw a wrench in the plans of making everything operational
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      do you want to tell us what the seats are out of lol ... I have been told that alot of modern car seats operate on a can bus system which can really throw a wrench in the plans of making everything operational
      The seats I want are out of a 2018 mustang

pretty sure those seats would be in that same boat of the electronics being canbus controlled , having said that dont let me deter you from trying to make things work for you .
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

The E60 M5 seats are canbus controlled. Also the biggest factor why they aren't in my car yet. To even recline the seat, or adjust position, it sends a K-Can message to an "M" computer, which then says "okie dokie. go ahead and recline the seat", but it send it back on a different Canbus back to the seat. Much effort was put into making it work and I feel like I was close, but they still arn't in the car. :(

I would look into if the seats are can controlled, and if so which parts. You can always run a motor controller to each spliced motor, as well as power on/off for the cooler/heater.

Not trying to discourage you at all, just be aware what you might be getting into.

1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com