Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      One thing to keep in mind is how much flex you allow for in the connection from hard line to the fuel rail of the engine. This is the reason I located mine near the engine mount area. The reason I choose this is that this is the pivot point of the engine and does not move much in this area. The angular movement will be less from there to the fuel rail. This is why the original fuel lines ran to this area for the flex connection to the original location of the fuel pump. My car is a dry sump setup and there was room for me to locate it in that area.

That said I am not running A/C which typically is located in the same area. Bottom line (sorry for the pun) is to consider how much flex, heat and accessibility you have. Weigh these parameters and make the best combination that works for your situation. It is all part of the build and all the little things add together in the end.

Cheers, Steve
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Andrew, he said he ordered the vaporworx pwm kit, for that kit, it requires the fuel pressure sensor to be mounted as close to the fuel pump as possible. Like in this pic from VaporWorx.Name:  CE868DC9-D749-499E-B857-B30E244AD556.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  122.4 KB

Yes, but it is still a good idea to monitor fuel pressure close to the fuel rail, since he is planning on Holley EFI.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Oh I see. Sorry bout that. You right!

I'm pretty happy with the template I've been mocking up with the 1/4" nicopp. Easier that I thought it would be. Just a couple more decisions to make and I think I can start making the actual 3/8" line. Question on line protection. Is there any disadvantage to using some sort of rock guard? Can anyone point me to a decent one, preferably on Amazon? Also, can anyone point me towards line mounts that would work with bare 3/8" hard tube and rock guarded 3/8" hard tube? Everything I'm finding doesn't seem to have rubber dampeners on them and I'm guessing going without would be bad news. I'm really trying to put a lot of effort towards cutting out any rattles or creeks.
      1973 Camaro: LS427/570, T56, Speedtech ExtReme subframe/torque arm

Quote Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
      I'm pretty happy with the template I've been mocking up with the 1/4" nicopp. Easier that I thought it would be. Just a couple more decisions to make and I think I can start making the actual 3/8" line. Question on line protection. Is there any disadvantage to using some sort of rock guard? Can anyone point me to a decent one, preferably on Amazon? Also, can anyone point me towards line mounts that would work with bare 3/8" hard tube and rock guarded 3/8" hard tube? Everything I'm finding doesn't seem to have rubber dampeners on them and I'm guessing going without would be bad news. I'm really trying to put a lot of effort towards cutting out any rattles or creeks.
      https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Bra...276065&sr=8-23

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Perfect. Thank you.

Get the 1/2” for 3/8” line with rock guard.

https://www.amazon.com/LOKMAN-Stainl...8-6&th=1&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Get the 1/2” for 3/8” line with rock guard.

https://www.amazon.com/LOKMAN-Stainl...8-6&th=1&psc=1
      Sweet. Thank you very much. Should fit it pretty snug then?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com