Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Some more info to digest... a guy on Hot Rod Power Tour had the Corbeau RRX https://www.racing-seats-usa.com/cor...l?swatch=55010 in his car and was nice enough to let me sit it them. I was not at all comfortable. I hardly fit between the thigh bolsters, as they dug into my legs. A guy could remove the covers and spread the framing for the leg bolsters apart a little bit, but I'm not sure that would be enough.

One of the cars in the Holley booth had the Corbeau RRS https://www.racing-seats-usa.com/cor...l?swatch=74901 which is the same line of seats as the RRX, but with a smaller leg bolster. Unfortunately I was not able to test those seats.

Sparco just released a new seat called the GT, and it looks very promising. https://www.sparcousa.com/product/gt Suede/vinyl combo that I want, and not overly aggressive leg bolstering. I need to find the spec sheet and compare to what I have now, I need a low seating position.

I'm just over 6'5" about 240lbs for reference. I'm sure people smaller than me have a much easier time selecting a seat!

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

I'm 6ft 4in and 230lbs, and these are what I'm putting in my 2003 Dakota ext cab project. Incredibly comfortable. And, my 5ft 3in wife with a back injury that resulted in a fused disk found them to be very comfortable as well. The Dak's cab is rather car-like in dimensions, and these seats will fit fine, so they should fit in most mid-size or larger cars as well.

https://corbeau.com/baja-xrs/
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

The seats (front buckets and rear bench) are at the upholstery shop right now, we're waiting on the white material delivery. He's got them all apart, guess he's setting up the patterns. Got to make a decision early this week on the seat insert material. I originally was going to go with white on white with the "insert" sections in a perforated material but finding a color match (there are dozens of whites) in perforated material is a PITA. I'm seriously giving thought to going with very light gray Alcantra for the inserts... something like this:

Name:  AlcantraSample-00.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  146.6 KB

Name:  Alcantra-White-00.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  309.5 KB

James is going to try and compliment the front with a nice rear something like this:

Name:  Modified69RearTA-01.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  507.0 KB

Thats just a photoshop re-do but he's going to add some foam as needed to make it work. And it looks like I will be re-doing the door panels so I'm working on a couple of design ideas. I want to keep it simple and subtle. I'd rather recover the original door panels that fit than deal with aftermarket stuff that many people have had problems with.

Name:  ModifiedDoorPanel-00.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  1,014.3 KB

Name:  ModifiedDoorPanel-03.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  1.03 MB

Name:  ModifiedDoorPanel-05.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  1.01 MB

In that last sketch I was thinking a nice French seam with grey welting could replicate the white hockey strip look which my car has. Might thin it out on the top a little.

Name:  BlueBeast-043.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  765.8 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Recaro Ergomeds. Wicked expensive, but incredibly adjustable, supportive and comfortable. I did 7,000 miles in my '68 Camaro in 16 days of driving in 2019 (at age 74) with no aches, pains or soreness for me or my 73 year old companion.
      Mike Kelcy - '68 Camaro with some stuff done to it.

SO far, i'm impressed with my Corbuea LG1 Wide in my 68 Camaro. I did 150 miles yesterday and no fatigue and comfortable for the ride.

20210705_172141 by F G, on Flickr

Country Flag: Canada
      I am a little smaller than most of you guys ( 5' 8" x 175lbs.) so my experience may not count for much.
      I have the Scat Elite seats in my Nova. When I ordered them I had the seat inserts changed out for a hound's tooth cloth. The cost was reasonable and it didn't add too much time to delivery.
      I haven't sat in very many after market seats but find these very comfortable even during a two or three hour drive. My passengers also seem to find them comfortable. They could do with being a little bit lower, but at my height that isn't a problem.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Seats to consider would be 2014? VW GTI seats. I had them in my 68 C10. In and out adjustment along with vertical. Bought them at local salvage yard for $300 for the pair. I didn't like the gray so I used rattle can fabric paint to change to dark black. Turned out great.Name:  IMG_E0123.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  249.2 KBName:  IMG_E0123.jpg
Size:  249.2 KB

No _new_ photos of the actual seats yet. I just this morning dropped off my door panels, seats are all apart and all I saw was the rear seat cover done but not installed. And after looking at them, I'm thinking about going with the shop owners suggestion to do all the diamond stitching in light blue. The light grey actually looks too dark in person and almost dirty, the white is definitely going to get dirty in spots anyway, and the blue would stay blue. Regardless of what I choose, he'll hopefully get everything done by the end of next week.

Name:  JamesAlicea-3Threads.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  1.58 MB

The sample he made was done in a couple of minutes just to show me the pattern. Finished piece would be more like this:

Name:  JamesAlicea-11.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  621.8 KB

Final design for the door panels will incorporate a modified hockey stripe, everything is white except the carpeted kick panel.

Name:  Front-Rear1969Modified-05.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  454.4 KB
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Very nice job in the interior design. The subtle customization is very appealing. Plus, I'm a sucker for white interiors. Please post pictures of the seats when they are complete. Heck, post pictures of that new gorgeous interior when it's complete, too.

I've come to the same conclusion that you have about seats. Find a set of OEM seats and have them recovered while retaining power adjustments and seat heating. This seems the best way to go for my project, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 79 Camaro View Post
      Seats to consider would be 2014? VW GTI seats. I had them in my 68 C10. In and out adjustment along with vertical. Bought them at local salvage yard for $300 for the pair. I didn't like the gray so I used rattle can fabric paint to change to dark black. Turned out great.Name:  IMG_E0123.jpg
Size:  249.2 KBName:  IMG_E0123.jpg
Size:  249.2 KB

With the seat at it's lowest setting...how tall is the base of the seat from the floor?
      Trying to see how much lower this seat would sit if I used it in a project.
      Also...how wide is the seat track ?

Name:  IMG_4816.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  399.5 KB

I like em

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com