Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Windage tray modification?

I had to get a new oil pan (Moroso #20142) to fit my subframe, which meant I needed to get a new pickup tube (Moroso #24050). The tube support mounted on the second hole on the top row in the picture of the windage tray I have attached. You can tell because it's indented to ensure the support fits. On the Moroso pickup tube, it mounts to the third hole on the top where there is no indent. It won't mount to that point as is. Is it ok to take just enough material off the windage plate so I can install the support for the pickup tube or is that a bad idea? If it is a bad idea, what other options are there?

Edit: Whoops. Pic attached now...
      Name:  IMG_0526.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  388.6 KB
      1973 Camaro: LS427/570, T56, Speedtech ExtReme subframe/torque arm

You didn’t attach pics. I’m assuming your talking about figure 4/5 of these instructions for the Holley pan. If you are, just follow holley’s instructions. Yes your supposed to cut a small piece to fit.

https://documents.holley.com/199r10566rev8.pdf

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      You didn’t attach pics. I’m assuming your talking about figure 4/5 of these instructions for the Holley pan. If you are, just follow holley’s instructions. Yes your supposed to cut a small piece to fit.

https://documents.holley.com/199r10566rev8.pdf
      Whoops. Pic attached now. Yes, the fitment issue I'm having with the Moroso is the same issue presented in those directions for the Holley.
      1973 Camaro: LS427/570, T56, Speedtech ExtReme subframe/torque arm

Country Flag: Canada
      People chop up windage trays all the time. Cut to fit.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com