Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Non-project stuff you're doing

This thread may or may not go anywhere, but since I won't have an active project thread for a bit longer I thought I'd start a "what else I'm up to" thread. Other forums I'm a member of have a similar thread, and the post count can get pretty high on the thread. Anyone who wants to post what they're doing to anything else that's not related to a project, feel free to add to it. Have fun with it.

I'll start. My work truck, a 2008 Colorado 2.9L, just busted the exhaust pipe and it's banging around under there. The exhaust looks to be in bad shape so I ordered a 2.5in dia 40 inch long Corvette muffler from Chambered Classics. I've been putting their stuff on everything.

The picture they had shows two but I just ordered one. I figure a 2.9L 4 cylinder with a single line exhaust is just half a 5.8L V8 with duals, right? Might sound good, might sound terrible, but I'll know in a week or so. I figure since the exhaust needs replacing, might as well try and get something that sounds good to me.

Having fun with my PS5, working on another 18th-century pocket watch, making a 1/25 scale model of what my project car will look like when done (2 of them actually to test colors).
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

This fall I restored a 1940's 4 HP outboard motor for my sister as a surprise Christmas present. Her husband put me up to it and it will never run again. It's going to be a display piece up at their lake home. Was a fun project.

Country Flag: Canada
      drinking way too much beer count ????
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Recently picked up a 1977 Cessna 172 Hawk XP that sat derelict for the last 13 years... Got it airworthy enough to move it to my home airport and have most of the bad plastic interior panels removed for replacement with new ones... lots of cleaning to do and a good polish of the exterior is needed... just another little project that keeps me away from the car projects..

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      drinking way too much beer count ????
      Only if you don't already have a beer drinking project thread active on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 69CougarXR7 View Post
      Recently picked up a 1977 Cessna 172 Hawk XP that sat derelict for the last 13 years... Got it airworthy enough to move it to my home airport and have most of the bad plastic interior panels removed for replacement with new ones... lots of cleaning to do and a good polish of the exterior is needed... just another little project that keeps me away from the car projects..

Brian
      Jealous much? Why, yes I am, thanks for asking!

As well as being a parts collector(hot rodder), I have got into woodworking quite a bit this year with the added time at home. nothing too crazy, bookshelves, tables, a lot of things my wife can use in her store, also gift boxes and similar pieces used for marketing her business etc.

With my car being back in a shop for a couple months I'm also using it as a chance to overhaul the garage, new epoxy floor, new cabinetry, projector and speakers etc.

I'm also a huge advocate for drinking too much beer. strictly IPA

working on tree removal and clearing, and ground work to start on a new 30x40 shop build
      1969 Chevy Nova, LS, T56
      1960 Chevy C10 Apache, 350, T56

I've been having a hilarious time riding this. It's my 10mi radius from the house transport when nothing big has to go too + 80mi of mountain bike riding during the week.

VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Everything is a project. Picking up this to rebuild, Westinghouse Marketeer.
      Name:  IMG_1011.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  243.5 KB
      Roger

69 Mustang coupe, under construction
      2011 Mustang - DD
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ang-SuperCoupe

Freedom Of Speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      I'll start. My work truck, a 2008 Colorado 2.9L, just busted the exhaust pipe and it's banging around under there. The exhaust looks to be in bad shape so I ordered a 2.5in dia 40 inch long Corvette muffler from Chambered Classics. I've been putting their stuff on everything.

The picture they had shows two but I just ordered one. I figure a 2.9L 4 cylinder with a single line exhaust is just half a 5.8L V8 with duals, right? Might sound good, might sound terrible, but I'll know in a week or so. I figure since the exhaust needs replacing, might as well try and get something that sounds good to me.
      My muffler came in today. Will see about getting it installed next week, and will report back on how it sounds. Hoping it doesn't sound like rice. But, it will at least drop quite a bit of weight off considering it only weighs 13lbs, and will be taking the place of the huge factory muffler plus part of the pipe. The new muffler's 42 inches long, the factory muffler is like 24 inches long, so that much factory pipe goes away too.

I have been prepping my house to sell while the market it up. Front yard is done. Back yard is half way there. Still need to do new floors, carpet and interior paint. Too much work and not enough time.
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Moving from North Oakland County MI (near Pontiac) to Leavenworth WA (near nothing at all)
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      Moving from North Oakland County MI (near Pontiac) to Leavenworth WA (near nothing at all)
      Welcome to the neighborhood. That's beautiful country. I have 5 acres on Whidbey Island that keeps me plenty busy.

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Quote Originally Posted by Perry M View Post
      Welcome to the neighborhood. That's beautiful country. I have 5 acres on Whidbey Island that keeps me plenty busy.
      It is beautiful. Staring out the picture window at snow carpeted evergreen forest , partially cloudy outside.

And the damn driveway needs to get shoveled. AGAIN.
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

set up the bubbler in the pond to keep the fish happy, about as far from car stuff as I can get right now that I have no crops to tend in winter

Name:  20200918_154022.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  265.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post

New muffler was installed today. It sounds pretty decent WOT, and has kind of a 1960s British roadster vibe at idle and off-idle, but it goes all too-loud Resonating Ricer in the midrange. Power was noticeably improved, but no idea how much of that is because of the new muffler and how much is because of the old muffler was shot. Going to be having a short glasspack put on after the axle, which in the past has cut the volume and killed resonance, without affecting the actual tone, on systems I've used it on in the past. While the extra power is nice, overall the muffler is a disappointment.

If anyone else wants to try a Chambered Classic muffler, they sound great on a V8. I've put them on three other V8 powered vehicles and they sound better than any exhaust I've ever heard on anything, but on an inline 4 I'd suggest looking elsewhere. And if you use one, run it with just the muffler first. This style of muffler requires a resonator, but running without lets you see if the volume is suitable. If it is, run a plain resonator after the axle, if it's too loud run a short glasspack after the axle. Go with a glasspack instead of a resonating tip too, resonatating tips look terrible. Running a glasspack lets you run whatever tip you want.

I just bought a 12" swing lathe from a gentleman down the street from me. Excited to get it back together and start making stuff. (I was a tool and die machinist for about 20 years)

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      set up the bubbler in the pond to keep the fish happy, about as far from car stuff as I can get right now that I have no crops to tend in winter
      Looks like mowing that yard is all the "extra" project you need.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com