Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      What the Wha..!?!!
      It is one thing to hear about shipping delays, but THIS should really make it obvious..
      Thanks TC!

Last edited by mc84_zz4; 03-12-2021 at 08:12 AM.
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

This article answers a lot of questions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/06/b...e=articleShare
      Tracey

Country Flag: United States
      Just received my MADE IN THE USA door panels after 6 months and 6 days, but who's counting.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      Delays on the landside are causing the logjam at sea. Extremely high inbound volumes combined with logistical complications both inside and outside the ports are causing the landside delays.
      One of the challenges inside the ports involves COVID infections among dockworkers. The International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) reported 694 of its members had tested positive as of Jan. 17. By Jan. 25, the number had jumped to 803.
      I wonder if that count is for their full-time workers or all the "common" card holders sitting at the hall waiting for their number to be called.... Legitimately it is not all their fault, but they do utilize issues like this to their advantage when it comes to contract negotiations. I work down there too and see first-hand what all goes on down on the docks. Yes, there is a huge backlog of shipping inbound and between the ILWU and CBP having to examine/inspect all the cargo it is a huge ball-ache... The last year things have been slow but overall things are beginning to pick up - but between CBP and the ILWU it will take a long time to catch up with the backlog.
      1966 Chevrolet Chevelle 300 Deluxe 350 / 350 auto

1968 Dodge Charger SRT8 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed

1964 Dodge Polara 8-71 Blown 440 / 4-speed

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.4L / 5-speed

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed

Delays on the landside are causing the logjam at sea. Extremely high inbound volumes combined with logistical complications both inside and outside the ports are causing the landside delays.
      One of the challenges inside the ports involves COVID infections among dockworkers. The International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) reported 694 of its members had tested positive as of Jan. 17. By Jan. 25, the number had jumped to 803.

and now the Report that Ships have lost more Containers this year than ever before

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/oc...ge-in-2-months

and now the Report that Ships have lost more Containers this year than ever before

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/oc...ge-in-2-months

Finders keepers.
      Tracey

Thought I’d update this thread. My ship date for the American racing wheels kept getting pushed out so I just cancelled my order. I went to Vivid racing and ordered some us Mags u123s, to my surprise they showed up in 5 days as opposed to 5 months in back order.Name:  CA627841-156C-430E-9553-524B1A37BDA8.jpeg
Views: 337
Size:  165.2 KB

i'm at 15 weeks with Intro Rims

I ordered some 18x9.5 riddler wheels from jegs this summer for a great deal. I think I paid $135 each, back space is set perfect for a 67 mustang. I played the waiting game for months for some matching fronts! ebay adds, other vendors, jegs, you name it stated matching fronts were in stock but it was all drop ship inventory from the manufacturer, The Wheel Group.

Finally settled on a set of 17x8s for the front when they became available 5 months later. Wasn't set on the staggered look but the wheels bolt up out of the box and look nice.

I ordered some HRE wheels in January. It's now heading into June and they've cut the centers in house, but are having trouble procuring rim halves, which they outsource, to finish building the wheels. I've called just about every manufacturer of rim halves I could find and everyone is having trouble getting them. I even called other wheel companies to try and buy them from them and either they don't have them or the few that they do have, they have to keep to build their own wheels before selling them out the door to other customers.
      Used to be known as 509chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      1968/69 Cutlass quarter panels ordered from OPGI in November had an est ship date of January. Every time I log in an check it's been pushed back a month. Current ETA is June.

I'm in the wholesale tire industry, manufacturers are having fill rate issues. Our warehouse have less inventory on hand than I've ever seen. If your daily driver or hot rod needs tires, might want to plan ahead in case your local tire shop needs to track down whatever it is you want.
      My update, the quarter panels arrived last week from OPGI. Damaged, of course. Driver drug them off the truck (no pallet) and took off before I could inspect them.

Ironically, I probably wouldn't have refused them... if I did, I'd risk waiting another 6+ months for another set.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      i'm at 15 weeks with Intro Rims
      17 weeks and 4 days is what it took to finally get my rims from Intro.. I have heads on order from Brodix... 8 to 12 weeks estimated at the time of order

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaints1115 View Post
      I will say this though. I understand that the manufacturers and sellers are dealing with this as best they can but be upfront with a reasonable time of delivery. If they're 5 weeks out, say so. If I want it enough I'll gladly wait. But don't take my cash with your site saying "In Stock" and then not report any delays until there's an inquiry. We know it's an unprecedented time. Just be honest about it.
      Lol. How prophetic I was and yet didn't listen to my own advice. I decided on a set of ProCar Lowback 90's to install in my wagon because the price and look was right for the build. Procar's site said they had the passenger side "In Stock" and Summit had the Driver side so I figured I'd be all set. Summit's seat showed up in 3 days. After two weeks of nothing I inquired to ProCar as to how the standing was on the order. "We're out of stock for at least 5 weeks" was the reply. Upon my checking, sure enough, the ProCar site shows the seat as "In Stock". I pointed this out to them and crickets was the reply and to this day the site still shows "In Stock".
      Of course they accepted payment from my PayPal account immediately.
      Tracey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com