Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Crazy backorder from American Racing Wheels

Anybody know anyone at American Racing. I ordered some VN510 wheels through JEGS for my car back in November and they still haven't shipped yet. I call Jegs about once a moth to check the status and it just keeps getting bumped out anybody else have a similar problem. I'm wondering if it would even be worth it at this point to cancel my order with Jegs and try through a different vendor. Oddly enough I'm also waiting on a Sniper fuel pump through JEGS for about two moths also. Wondering if its just Jegs or if everybody's still struggling with backlogs from COVID shutdowns.

shoot wrong forum, meant to put this on in the open discussion forum. can a moderator move this over for me.

FWIW, I've been waiting on tires through Summit since November....My parents have been waiting on a refrigerator for 4 months as well....all COVID related
      1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by FLYNAVY53 View Post
      FWIW, I've been waiting on tires through Summit since November....My parents have been waiting on a refrigerator for 4 months as well....all COVID related
      I got my tires right away, that's what gave me false hope for the wheels.

A combination of manufacturers experiencing pandemic related slowdowns along with lots of people with time on their hands ordering lots of stuff creating a backlog.
      Tracey

What Tracey said. Every manufacturer is quite busy + the supply chain is stretched.

Order early.......
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Theirs an aluminum shortage and prices have spiked. If the price you paid is cheaper than it is now i’d say wait unless you find a vender with them in stock.

Just got my 68 Camaro back from paint and started ordering parts and already getting back ordered notices. Just heard Boze wheels is about 10 weeks out which may or may not be the norm. Wishing now I would have ordered a lot more parts before my car went to paint, but the paint job cost had me on edge lol.
      BB

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaints1115 View Post
      A combination of manufacturers experiencing pandemic related slowdowns along with lots of people with time on their hands ordering lots of stuff creating a backlog.
      Been like this for a Year now. Supply Chains are really messed up. Some Companies were shut down for extended periods which will take a long time to catch up.

I will say this though. I understand that the manufacturers and sellers are dealing with this as best they can but be upfront with a reasonable time of delivery. If they're 5 weeks out, say so. If I want it enough I'll gladly wait. But don't take my cash with your site saying "In Stock" and then not report any delays until there's an inquiry. We know it's an unprecedented time. Just be honest about it.
      Tracey

Have you tried interior parts? I ordered door panels in November, PUI just told me two weeks ago "last week of August". Thankfully I changed direction, and ordered something Classic had in-stock. Of all the lead times I've experienced, interior is the worst by far....

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      Been like this for a Year now. Supply Chains are really messed up. Some Companies were shut down for extended periods which will take a long time to catch up.
      Transparency is part of the issue for me. JEGS has 2 of the 3 items I ordered as shipping direct from the manufacturer within 24 hours and did when I ordered them. obviously that wasn't the case.

I appreciate all the insights though, thanks fellas.

On a separate note if any of the vendors have some America Racing VN510s in Black 18x8 and 18x10 on 5x4.75 stashed away somewhere I'll cancel my jegs order and send money your way.

Front door panels and window cranks have been on order for my car since September. Door panels are getting pushed out week by week, window cranks are out till June 6. Seems everyone, everywhere is having issues.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

1968/69 Cutlass quarter panels ordered from OPGI in November had an est ship date of January. Every time I log in an check it's been pushed back a month. Current ETA is June.

I'm in the wholesale tire industry, manufacturers are having fill rate issues. Our warehouse have less inventory on hand than I've ever seen. If your daily driver or hot rod needs tires, might want to plan ahead in case your local tire shop needs to track down whatever it is you want.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      1968/69 Cutlass quarter panels ordered from OPGI in November had an est ship date of January. Every time I log in an check it's been pushed back a month. Current ETA is June.

So stop logging in?

Sorry
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Record imports have sucked up all available shipping containers.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank. Built for 35 mpg. So far 32.

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Quote Originally Posted by 67-LS1 View Post
      Record imports have sucked up all available shipping containers.
      Was driving along the coast between Laguna Beach and Costa Mesa in January- The pacific ocean coastline is now a parking lot for freighters (even saw a cruise ship) waiting to get into Los Angeles, Long Beach, and San Pedro. Probably full of Christmas toys and ornaments.

Want to know where all the containers are? Sitting on freight ships waiting to be unloaded. I assume the same thing is occurring at other ports around the country
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Its everywhere, Ihave been waiting for a swaybar the projected wait was 3 months. i got a email saying it will be shipped march 5th. fingers crossed lol
      1965 mustang fastback. a pro-touring concoction of oem, race & custom fab...build thread here https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...Racesteed-quot
      1975 harley ironhead custom long chopper. home built dream machine. fast, loud & beautiful

I ordered mufflers from Summit in Spark, NV on Friday at 3:30 pm. I used their free freight fir orders over $200 option. No extra shipping. They were delivered to my house in the San Francisco Bay Area at 9:45 Saturday AM.
      Can’t beat that.

I’m also trying to buy a washer fluid bottle for my wife’s BMW X5. $235 if I walk in to the counter and buy it at the local BMW dealer, $111 + $19 shipping if I buy it online FROM THE SAME DEALER, or $80 + $9.95 shipping for a genuine part from an online parts house. So I’m going to wait about 10 days to get the part while the car sits with the rear wheel trim, running board, front wheel trim, front bumper, headlight and passenger side front fender off the car for access.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank. Built for 35 mpg. So far 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      Was driving along the coast between Laguna Beach and Costa Mesa in January- The pacific ocean coastline is now a parking lot for freighters (even saw a cruise ship) waiting to get into Los Angeles, Long Beach, and San Pedro. Probably full of Christmas toys and ornaments.

Want to know where all the containers are? Sitting on freight ships waiting to be unloaded. I assume the same thing is occurring at other ports around the country
      Delays on the landside are causing the logjam at sea. Extremely high inbound volumes combined with logistical complications both inside and outside the ports are causing the landside delays.
      One of the challenges inside the ports involves COVID infections among dockworkers. The International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) reported 694 of its members had tested positive as of Jan. 17. By Jan. 25, the number had jumped to 803.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com