Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Modern style window tracks?

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to retrofit newer style car window tracks into an older car like an older muscle car. The newer car stuff seems much more easier to deal with like adjusting windows compared to the original style.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Given that this is a week old, I'm guessing no. Too bad because I am curious as well.

Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

Just the tracks? or the whole regulator? Seems like alot of newer cars are using cable operated motors/regulators. I dont see why it would be too difficult to retrofit something from a car with a similar height window travel. If its the tracks or guides youre looking to modernize, keep your original track but replace the whiskers with a more modern felt that holds the window a bit tighter.
      Like this:
      https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Floc...JBMD283AKKDWMY
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

Modern regulators? I wouldn't want a mechanism that can drop the glass down into the door because some cheap piece of plastic broke. Screw that. I would rather keep the old setup and spend a little more time adjusting the window on install.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com