Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
      Country Flag: United States
      Also found why the horns were not working. After tracing the wires and getting in behind the grill I found the reason they weren’t working is because there wasn’t any horns connected :-) So ordered a new set of horns dual tone.

Name:  IMG_6772.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  286.1 KB
      Found a power steering leak while bleeding the new box. Brand new pump. But looked at a few new ones and none of them have that bolt head there. Most of them are just blank in that spot. Also went and did a re torque on all the pan bolts and other hardware under there. Guess I’ll take the pump out and see if it’s just bad o ring. Or just get a new pump.

Got some new parts in. On to the next level of upgrades. Going to give E a try. They finally got a pump in town. Name:  IMG_8226.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  459.9 KB

So I’ll get it wired and added to the terminator X. Also have trans sensor to wire and setup.

Nice upgrade! Are you planning to bump up the timing or add more boost?

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Thanks. Well timing for sure. I’ll need some guidance on that. I’ll have to look at my last log file I think I’m already pushing 12-14 psi now. Stock truck lower pulley and 2.44 upper. Have not ran the calculator to see where that puts my blower speed. Andrew has my base tune pretty good now. So it’s just finding what timing max is. I have a 6.0 block I’d like to build and have on standby in case something on this SBE goes south. But so far every filter and oil change all looks good no silver magnetic pieces. :-)

What do you guys think for flex fuel sensor placement. In supply before rail. Easiest least amount of fittings. Or return line out of regulator more fittings and not as easy. I assume return is more accurate because fuel is always recirculating. Mounting on firewall.

I used a similar adapter and mounted on the return line, just downstream from my regulator.

I fabbed a small bracket from aluminum to mount to manifold.
      Name:  68661357001__2ADF5192-36D7-4904-BE8D-0797907BEA46.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  448.6 KB

Yeah I like the way that turned out. Mine will be on firewall beside regulator off set to the right. I think I’ll just go ahead and use the return line connection. It’ll just require a male to male to make it work. Also want to know if anyone has used engine rpm vs input shaft rpm to detect either torque converter slip rate. Or to determine if lockup is slipping. I don’t physically detect any but would be nice to look at the logs and see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Way2qwk4u View Post
      Going to start a build thread here on my 70 LeMans. Have one over on another forum. Seems more fitting over here with the direction I am taking the car. I have completed a lot of the work already. So some of this thread will be past tense. Car was my dads car back in college. Inherited it from him on a trade for a Polaris 500. He hunts more than I do and he was going to get more use out of the four wheeler and the car was just sitting. So easy decision for me. Took the car home and got started with working on it. Started life out a little rough. But she came around. I will post updates to the thread a little at a time. Have life going on like everyone else. Hope yall enjoy. Thanks
      Ecutools transformed my '70 LeMans into a powerhouse, and I'm ecstatic about the results! The chip tune I purchased from https://ecutools.eu/ not only boosted horsepower significantly but also enhanced overall drivability. The process was seamless – user-friendly and efficient. My vintage ride now roars with newfound vigor, effortlessly handling the road. The gains exceeded my expectations, making every drive an exhilarating experience. Kudos to ecutools.eu for delivering on their promises. If you're considering a chip tune for your car, I highly recommend their services. It's not just an upgrade; it's a transformative journey for your beloved vehicle!

Attachment 184935Attachment 184936
      Wow, that's a great story and a beautiful car! I love the 70 LeMans, it's such a classic and powerful machine. You've done an amazing job restoring it and I can't wait to see more updates. Thanks for sharing your passion and your dad's legacy with us. Keep up the good work!

Not sure where you ended up placing the flex fuel sensor, but I've heard that people have had inconsistent readings at times in the return lines if the line has low flow. I didn't have any issues with mine in the feed line.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by topperred View Post
      Wow, that's a great story and a beautiful car! I love the 70 LeMans, it's such a classic and powerful machine. You've done an amazing job restoring it and I can't wait to see more updates. Thanks for sharing your passion and your dad's legacy with us. Keep up the good work!
      Thanks its like all project cars a work in progress. And I am sure it will never be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Not sure where you ended up placing the flex fuel sensor, but I've heard that people have had inconsistent readings at times in the return lines if the line has low flow. I didn't have any issues with mine in the feed line.
      I have been slacking. I have all the stuff together to get it installed. However after getting it together, and getting all the other stuff compiled to work on the interior and clean things up. My whole crew here at the house was hit with the flu/COVID/RSV bug and it took us all out over the Christmas break, which was the week that I had taken off to spend in the garage on the car. So I guess now it will be March or April before I will have a lot of time to get to it. As for the Flex sensor I think that I have settled on the feed line to the motor. I need to force myself out there though on the weekends so that I can keep moving forward. I did purchase a Nut-Sert tool to help with a couple other projects on the car.

Well got a few things done the last couple of weekends. Got the ECM bracket made. Painted and mounted. Installed a usb bull head so I can have clean access to the usb. Cleaned up under the dash. The guy who worked on it last winter was in a rush and it was a mess. :-) wouldn’t know who that was. Name:  IMG_9770.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  396.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_9773.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  340.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_9774.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  358.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_9813.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  278.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_9819.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  333.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_9820.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  304.5 KB

Once I got that done I worked on getting the flex fuel sensor mounted. I found my long lost nutsert kit. And put it to use making a clean install on the sensor. Also got a few things cleaned up under the hood. Loomed wires and shortened the wires that were too long etc. Name:  IMG_9815.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  237.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_9816.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  324.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_9821.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  345.3 KB

Got it wired using a sloppy harness and that was quick and easy. Added it to the tube file and made sure it was reading the signal. Now to get the advanced tables added and start tuning on E85. Getting great help from Andrew on that. Also while the seats were out next plan is to sound deaden the floor and add some insulation. Also started to modify the lap blaster ducts to work with the vintage air. And also found some new goodies to add to the interior. They showed up on a pallet today. I have big plans for these. Might be a long road but hope to put them in before the summer. Name:  IMG_9844.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  206.6 KB

To be continued.

Nice progress! I like the ECU mounting plate.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Nice progress! I like the ECU mounting plate.

Andrew

Thanks, I do not have a brake or a bender. So since I do HVAC for a living i thought to myself, self why don't you call your sheet metal guy and see what he can whip up. So I did :-)

Looking at these seats. I think it is time to upgrade the seatbelts and add a shoulder strap to the setup. Anyone have any recommendations as to what a good option is. Something crazy is probably out cause Id like good access to the back seat as I have a family of 5. Something that connects to factory mounts would be sweet.

Best belt option that uses factory mounts is Morris Classic Concepts.

https://youtu.be/c-Yz95v1NLs?si=JOheFXPT41LHYYBX

Quote Originally Posted by Mtrhd329 View Post
      Best belt option that uses factory mounts is Morris Classic Concepts.

https://youtu.be/c-Yz95v1NLs?si=JOheFXPT41LHYYBX

I will look at them and see. I think that I has seen them today when I was looking online. Thanks

Got a lil more done today. Got the sound deadener started and carpet coming out. Also started modifying the seat bases. And working on insulation. Name:  IMG_9878.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  480.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_9880.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  385.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_9881.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  324.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_9882.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  303.9 KB

Got to get some steel to make brackets for the rear mounting points.

Finished the seat bases. Got brackets made for the rear and welded in place. Marked the locations in the floor and got the holes made. Used flat washers on the bottom and nutserts through the double layer part of the floor and the washer on the bottom. Changed the seat connectors over to weatherpak. Made up a harness for the power seats. Laid in the rest of the sound deadener. Then overlayed that with insulation and sound absorber. Replaced the carpet. Will need to order new some time soon. I found it easier to place the seat bases in the car. Then bolt the seats to the bases once installed. Got both seats in place and checked the travel. Will need to get the new covers ordered and installed. Have just a few more things to finish up the front interior.

Name:  IMG_9887.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  467.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_9934.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  466.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_9933.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  405.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_9935.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  407.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_9938.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  296.8 KB
      Now to get the under side inspection and lube done. Then time to hit the road for this season I hope.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com