Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Glad to hear that you got the new snout installed and congrats on the kiddo! Curious how you are going to install the Hellcat pump. Do you plan to use a pwm pump?

As for the pictures, I've used Flickr for years now. I just post the [IMG] code and it will show the pictures once I post. Not sure what you have been doing, but that's how I post them.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

I have looked at pwm and just staged. Not sure 100% on either one. Thanks itll be a life change but it is our third so got plenty of practice. Its just that he will be 10 years younger than our oldest. I have just been using the forum tools to insert images. Just does not seem to like these. They were HEIC and I saved as jpeg but no go. I will look into Flickr in a little bit. I have to map the rest of my outputs on the Terminator X. Need to make sure I have one for the pump and also got to check the input status as well I need to use one for the Flex fuel.

So I tried to load to Flickr and apparently all the files are in .HEIC and it says invalid file and kicks them out as well. Guess I will have to get a converter program of some sorts or try to get my Synology to share the photos. Bummer. New baby came 8-12-22 so I will be home for the next week or so getting everyone back on track. Maybe Ill get time to address the photo issues.

Hopefully soon I can get back to the car and get the new items installed. Also got a trans pressure transducer to install as well.

New baby? We'll see you again in about 20 years. Congratulations on the new little one.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Ha nope. Already done this twice. Last one was 7 years ago though. Got my budget all fixed up :-) . Heck he sleeps 2 hours at a time now so this week I will get a few things done while he is napping. Cause momma is napping at the same time as well.

What do you guys think that the E85 will do to injector sizing? Is it add 30% for the extra fuel required? Or is there an easy formula for that?

Apparently Apple defaults all pics to HEIC. So guess that is an issue from the latest SW update. Guess I will look for a solution for that as well this week.http://Way2qwk4u.quickconnect.to/mo/sharing/g9bGW0F6P

Let see if this pic works. Getting baby on routine. Went out and worked in the garage last night between feedings and helping the wife.

Name:  Snout.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  425.1 KB

Ha looks like I got it figured out.

Wow, that ported snout looks great! Who did the work? BTW, I can see the pictures.

How does the throttle body seal with the o-ring gasket groove gone?
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

That's what all the higher HP guys running LSA's do. They open the snout up to 102mm, then run a paper gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      That's what all the higher HP guys running LSA's do. They open the snout up to 102mm, then run a paper gasket.
      Wow, moving to a paper style especially with how thin the sealing surface is after removing all that material seems like it'd have issues. But if it works, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by 68Formula View Post
      Wow, moving to a paper style especially with how thin the sealing surface is after removing all that material seems like it'd have issues. But if it works, it works.
      That gasket only sees engine vacuum, not boost.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Wow, that ported snout looks great! Who did the work? BTW, I can see the pictures.
      DC porting took care of it. I made a mistake with the first snout. I thought that I was smart and pulled the old stock pulley off and thought I would just use my garage toaster oven to heat the new hub and slide it on. Well that kind of worked. It went on about 7/8 of the way to being flush. And then stopped. It was late and I was having a stressful day. So out came the persuading device. Its about a 8# one. And i got it almost all on the way and it was working. But I had damaged the bearings. So my fault I take full fault. Called DC porting and he had that snout already prepped and sent it out to me for a reasonable price and had it to me in less than 4 days. Awesome customer service. Sent him my old one and the spare hub I bought. Great company. Slapped the new snout on and was ready to rock.

How does the throttle body seal with the o-ring gasket groove gone?

Correct as Andrew said it seals with a paper gasket. Its actually on my setup in order as follows.

1. Throttle body
      2. Paper gasket
      3. Throttle cable bracket
      4. Paper gasket

Has not seamed to be an issue.

Here are some pics of the snout.
      Name:  IMG_5089.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  504.7 KBName:  IMG_5094.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  467.9 KBName:  IMG_5095.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  535.7 KBName:  IMG_5096.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  486.9 KBName:  IMG_5097.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  450.3 KB

Wow awesome porting work!
      Also very glad to hear your family was all safe in that accident.

That's a huge difference between the ported and non ported. What happens with the hard edge that's created now between the snout and supercharger case? I'd be tempted to pop the supercharger off and use the snout as a template to port the case.

That's a huge difference between the ported and non ported. What happens with the hard edge that's created now between the snout and supercharger case? I'd be tempted to pop the supercharger off and use the snout as a template to port the case.
      Yeah. Looked through the snout when it was installed. And like you would expect it has a good lip there. Im sure that causes a disturbance in the flow. Its on my list for a possible fall project. But honestly I think that after I finish tuning timing with Andrew and get the fuel situated I will be at the limits of a fairly reliable bottom end. Bottom end is all stock truck. Just hyper pistons and clevite bearings. Im really trying to decide on building a stroker from one of my many iron 4.8/5.3 blocks or just going bonkers and getting a 6 liter something or an LSX block. Then Id be more tempted to go full bore. I still have not gotten the nerve to got WOT on street yet. And I run outta fuel so there is that as well ;-)

If the tune is right, and the rings properly gapped for boost, you should be good to at least 800whp.

If the tune is right, and the rings properly gapped for boost, you should be good to at least 800whp.

There are piston rings? What is gap? ;-)

So I built the bottom end about 9 years ago for a friend. Never got paid and had to repo. So I know that I did not gap with the intention of boost.

Does everyone have data for max rpm for the stock 2000 5.3 rod bolts?

Updates to the project. Got some time over the Christmas break to work on the car and get a few things done.

First most important thing got the new decor hung from xmas
      Name:  IMG_6676.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  501.6 KB

Got the car up on the lift ready for this winters surgery
      Name:  IMG_6677.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  443.9 KB

Old original worn out steering box removed. Unit was leaking and had about 3" of steering wheel play before anything was happening with the steering.
      Name:  IMG_6679.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  392.3 KB

New box on the bench. Fast Ratio Lares steering box.
      Name:  IMG_6678.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  667.1 KB

Painted and ready to replace the old box. Got the new box installed and can tell a big difference on the play in the wheel. Also much faster lock to lock.
      Name:  IMG_6680.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  534.5 KB

While I was up in the bumper area trying to find out why the horns don't work I found the noise from the front end I have been hearing the last few years. Apparently someone before me left a pair of vise grips in the bumper. :-)
      Name:  IMG_6683.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  571.3 KB

Dropped the tank and prepped it for the new fuel pump.
      Name:  IMG_6684.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  326.0 KB

New Walbro 450 hellcat pump installed and wired. Also going to install a fuel pump relay since the Term X is only rated for 30 and new pump can pull as high as 40 amps.
      Name:  IMG_6685.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  449.7 KB

Will update with more when I get it done. A bunch of little things to tidy up etc. Interior updates and wiring clean up. Still looking for a solution on a trunk finish kit. Not a good carpenter or fabric guy.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com