Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Looking good! Plugs look good.
      Thanks still have to get with you in a bit so I can get some assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Nice job fitting the A/c controller. I love the SC whine.
      Thanks. I am not sure that its going to stay that way. I would like it more flush mounted. But not sure I want to bring it forward and plate over the hole. Or open up the factory slot and get it to sit a little better. So far its in there and I did not cut anything on the dash. I liked hearing it too. But once the air intake was on then its pretty much gone away.

Been a bit since I have updated the thread. Things have gotten hot and I had to get to work keeping customers comfortable. Got the vintage air evap installed and the ducts ran. Installed the wiring and the dakota digital controller and sensors. Installed the condenser and got the lines connected. Pressure tested and evacuated the system. Charged up and tested. Blows good and cold. Just need to put the seats back in and start to clean the wiring up under the dash. Got the reverse lights installed and wired. Got the front spoiler installed. Got the Vintage air talking with the Holley so that the fan comes on with a call for compressor. Need to get the input commanding idle as well. Worked on the underside cleaning things up. Got to get the upper rad brackets figured out. Then hopefully its tune and driving time and get to enjoy the ride.

Dakota Controller Fired up

Name:  IMG_3097.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  404.0 KB

Getting under hood back together
      Name:  IMG_3151.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  530.9 KB

Compressor and lines. Might redo these later.
      Name:  IMG_3103.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  432.6 KB

Front spoiler installed
      Name:  GOVV7061.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  368.2 KB

Reverse lights mounted and wired. Will have to test when I get it outside and at night.
      Name:  IMG_3152.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  348.4 KB

Coming along nicely. Chin spoiler looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
      Coming along nicely. Chin spoiler looks great.
      Thanks. Took it out today and did just fine in the low 90's outside. Never got over 200 on the temp gauge. Ac worked perfectly. Just got to increase the size of the heat excahnger for the supercharger.

Quote Originally Posted by Way2qwk4u View Post
      Where did the relay panel come from? I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by derekf View Post
      Where did the relay panel come from? I like that.

From amazon. It was a kit that you have to pinout and install the wiring. I like it so far. Had to think about the wiring a little. I wanted to make sure it was setup so that the low speed and high speed relays were linked. That way they could never energize both high and low speeds at the same time.

Nothing major to update. Just cleaning up loose ends and making things cleaner. Need to work on upper radiator mounts, get the underside of the car cleaned up. Going to get the exhaust welded the band clamps when hot are allowing the middle to sag. Looking for new front seats. Either a set of 04 GTO seats or some thing similar. Have ran about 4 tanks of gas through the car. Last oil change was spotless. Have been having Andrew help me on the tune. He has been great to work with. As soon as work slows down I plan on getting more miles on the car and start to plan this winters projects. Also got to get my boat back together. Lower unit was broken. And the kids really want to get out and go fishing. Ill hope to have more substantial updates in a month or 2 maybe.
      Name:  IMG_3525.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  450.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_3526.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  498.7 KB

Wife and kids were hit by a lady running a running a red light. Everyone was ok but vans toast. Kids are most upset about loosing the DVD player. Now the fun of dealing with the insurance.
      Name:  IMG_3537.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  604.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_3542.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  426.4 KB

Also got to add my first ever new to me vehicle. Stoked about it.
      Name:  IMG_3460.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  674.3 KBName:  IMG_3461.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  521.8 KB

Dyno Day

Well good news and bad news. Good news is got the car to the dyno today. Was able to get a few pulls in and was pretty happy where things were going. After getting things set to where the converter would stay locked I was able to get a pull from 3200 to 6000 in. Put down about 414 WTQ and 428 WHP. Not bad out of the gate. Made another pull with 2 more degrees advance and made 440 WTQ and 436 WHP. Quite a jump for only 2 degrees. But after that it was bad news. After coasting down to a stop and idling we picked up a top end tick. So guess I am going to have to investigate this and hope its simple or just collapsed lifter. So might have some questions about lifter choices. Also noticed that on the top end fuel pressure was dropping. Volts to pump were consistent and I think that I am at the limit of the pump any way. So I guess that is on the agenda as well. But all in all really happy with where it is right now. Looks like there are more gains to be had in the timing department. I will update as I get things apart over the next few days. Thanks for every ones help.

Pulled the valve covers tonight. Started the engine and could really only detect the noise on the drivers side. I could see that cylinder 7 exhaust rocker was not moving at the same amount as the rest on that bank. Disabled that cylinder and pulled the rocker and push rod. Could not find any issues with that rocker or that push rod. Restarted the motor and could not detect any more noise. So I am assuming that the lifter for cylinder 7 exhaust has collapsed or is stuck. Guess I am going to pull the heads and see what is going on. Hoping that there is not any cam damage. Looking for lifter suggestions. Cam is .625 lift on a 1.7 ratio arm and spring pressures of 160# seat pressure and 425# open pressure. Currently running stock LS lifters. Any suggestions are welcome. Also looking at upgrading fuel pump as well.

I'd rock a much milder cam. I'd look at some BTR PD cams. Ryan runs a Summing Ghost cam LSA and seems to really like it.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Might be an option if I have wiped a lobe. Guess that starts me back over in the tuning department? And probably will require a converter swap Id say. Which all may be good things to do. Just money that was spent that might be lost. Any ideas on running a surge tank for the fuel so that cornering and launching issues can be reduced? Was looking at upping the in-tank pump but that may be requiring a tank change cause the high flow pumps are not suggested for use in the current tank.

What tank are you using now?
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I'm very happy with the Summit 8715 Ghost Cam. I like that it has negative overlap so all my boost stays in the cylinders. It also was very easy to get the idle sorted out. I'm curious what fuel pumps and tank you are running now as well? I'm running into some fueling issues with the stock CTSV pump in my tank. I ordered a pair of AEM 320 lph pumps to hopefully solve this issue.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

I am using the Tanks INC Pontiac fuel tank. With the 250lph pump. Its the non notched tank. I was looking at the ghost cam last night. Wonder if anyone has any dyno charts for that cam in an LSA swapped 5.3. Guess if the cam is wiped I might switch cams. I had great fuel pressure til about 5200 and then was falling steady.

Quote Originally Posted by Way2qwk4u View Post
      I am using the Tanks INC Pontiac fuel tank. With the 250lph pump. Its the non notched tank. I was looking at the ghost cam last night. Wonder if anyone has any dyno charts for that cam in an LSA swapped 5.3. Guess if the cam is wiped I might switch cams. I had great fuel pressure til about 5200 and then was falling steady.
      I'd do as Ryan suggested.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Yeah the 250 LPH pump is not enough to support a boosted 5.3. Most people double up the 255 pumps and run them in parallel. vaporworx sells a fuel tank ring that you can weld into your tank that would allow you to run a CTSV or ZL1 fuel pump. You'd also need the pwm controller that Carl sells, but it's great because it will ramp the fuel pressure at a 1:1 ratio when you are in boost. What injectors are you running too?

Alternatively, I've seen a lot of guys who are running the Hellcat 525 LPH single pump with great success on e85. So if you ever planned to go that route in the future, you would be all set. Might be a more straight forward swap from what you have.

Lots of guys on the LSA swap Facebook group have LSA swapped 5.3's. The results are all over the place. I think typically they fall between 400-500 rwhp, but there are too many variables to consider. I'd say based on your setup, you are making really good power. Add e85 and I'll bet you'd be over 500 rwhp.

And as for starting over with the tuning, far from it. For one, Andrew knows what he's doing so you are in good hands. For 2, if your cam has similar specs it will likely not even change your base fuel table much. Probably just a little clean up and maybe some slight idle adjustments. That said, if your fuel pump was cutting out above 5200, you may have a little work to do above that level. I'm basically in the same boat you are with my fueling needs. My fuel pumps weren't keeping up in boost and was adding a bunch of fuel up top, so my VE table is all messed up...

Keep us posted!

Yeah Tanks sells a hellcat module but they want a different tank used. Which I can use and swap to but like everything else they are back ordered. :-(
      60# injectors. What is rough is there is not any E85 where I am. Now there is a pump up the street with 110 fuel. I am just researching this before I get it all apart. If the cam is good for the moment id probably keep it in for now. Upgrade the lifters and work on fueling. Then I have spare blocks to work with as well. Was looking at building one of them over next year. I can live with not making more power for a while. The old motor was 220 at the wheel. So this is a large improvement. And yes Andrew has been awesome on getting the tuning lined out for sure.

You should be able to pull the 250 pump off and just wire/plumb up a Hellcat pump. Unless the baffling is really bad, I see no reason why you would need a new tank. The other thing you could do to improve the fuel pickup is run a Holly Hydramat if they make it for a Hellcat pump. Then you should always have fuel in the pickup.

I was thinking of the hydromat. The baffle is like a 4x6 casserole dish with holes in the corners if I remember correctly. Guess ill get the fuel parts list going after I get a handle on the motor if anything is damaged. I am pretty happy with the power considering its still on a stock pulley.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com